Ch. 47 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE

Start from the beginning

"I have all your passwords. You know they just brought in another body from last night?" Stiles asked and Odette chuckled quietly as Stilinski carefully rolled over, "Yeah, I was hoping you wouldn't find out. Now, give me my damn computer." Stilinski said going to reach for the laptop but Stiles just moved it so Stilinski can't reach. "Hang on. Hang on."

Stiles clicks on a video on the laptop and frowns slightly when he notices something in the video Odette was talking about. "I think there's some footage missing... Or something missing in the footage." Stiles said making Odette furrow her brows and lean forward slightly to look at the screen.

"I think there's something missing in your head." Stilinski said making Odette chuckle as he tried to grab the laptop again but Stiles just set it on Odette's lap. "You need your rest." Stiles said making Stilinski look at him in exasperation as Stiles rewinds and replays the part of the video where the Beast rushes out of the telecommunication towers a few times.

🌘

Odette and Stiles walk into Scott's making Scott look up from cleaning his wound, "You still haven't healed?" Odette asked. "Sometimes it just takes longer." Scott said making raise her furrow her brows and frown slightly.

"What are you doing here?" Scott asked, looking at Stiles, "Uh... you heard about the guy who got killed out at the communication towers, right? I think I may have figured something out.." Stiles said and Scott looked at him shocked. "What, you want my help?" Scott asked and Stiles looked at him awkwardly for a moment while Odette just smiled softly at the two, leaning against the door frame.

"Yeah, well... You said you can find the clues that I can't. Here, take a look." Stiles said and held his phone out to show the video, "This is when the technician first arrived. You see him going in? Then, Deputy Clark goes in. Then, something really big and really fast comes charging out, and now comes Clark. Eventually, the technician's body is carried out by paramedics." Stiles explained and Scott just looked confused.

"Okay... What am I missing?"

"Only two people go in." Odette said and Stiles nodded, "And three people come out. I checked all the footage- not a single person enters that building before the technician the entire day. So, where does that something really big and really fast come from?" Stiles asked making Scott's eyes widen in realization.

"There's another way in."

🌒

"Okay... You see that?" Stiles asked as the three if them look at the puddle of blood at the relay station. "I see blood." Scott says and Stiles shines the flashlight over to the wall, "Look where it leads to." Stiles said and that's when the blood went behind a fallen over metal cabinet.

Scott goes over to push the cabinet away to get a better look but struggles due to still being hurt. Stiles moved over to the opposite side while Odette crouched down next to Scott making him look at Stiles in shock for a moment. Stiles nods at him slightly before they all work together to lift it up.

Turning around they find metal grate which has been forcefully ripped open, and which seems to lead to a sublevel via a ladder. Odette sighed and she looked down, "I'm assuming were about to go down there?" She asked and Scott and Stiles glanced at each other before nodding making her sigh again, "Well, ladies first." She said gesturing for them to go first making them shoot her a look.

The three of them found themselves in the tunnels underneath the telecommunication towers, which probably connects to the tunnels under the water treatment plant. Stiles shines a blacklight across the floor to find a bunch of dark shadows from mercury making them slowly start to follow it.