twenty; together...forever?

THE LIVING ROOMMOMENTS LATER

THE LIVING ROOM
MOMENTS LATER

ALL SAF WISHED she could do was tell her father that it was not Julie's fault for sneaking out. Had the ghosts not been there, Saf knew Julie would've obeyed him and stayed at home, but they enticed her out and now she was dealing with the consequences.

She felt terrible and responsible, as being the older sister she had a job as a role model and protector of her younger siblings. Yes, she was dead, but that didn't mean she couldn't do any of the above.

It was her duty, and she was failing at it all.

All she could do was sit in the living room with the boys, watching Carlos hunt for ghosts on the IPad whilst they wait for Julie to return, which she had yet to do.

"Typical adult." Reggie scoffs, shaking his head at Saf's aunt as she tells Carlos that ghosts don't exist.

Much like the salt incident, Saf once thought that if someone said they didn't believe in ghosts, she'd disappear. Almost like in the Peter Pan remake when Tinkerbell dies and Peter says he believes in fairies to bring her back.

But no, nothing that interesting ever happened.

"Do you remember when we were kids and they never believed what we said?" Reggie continues, looking over at Alex, Luke and Saf, all squashed up together on the couch. Reggie has bagsied the armchair when they got there.

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure that's just a 'you' thing. I was always pretty trustworthy." Alex smiles proudly, reminiscing about the past and when he was younger.

Saf sighs, and Luke looks across at her, seemingly reading her thoughts. How ever much she wanted to join in with the conversation and laugh about Carlos hunting them and what they did as kids, all Saf could think about was Julie.

"Shouldn't we be more worried about Julie? Her dad just busted her, okay? He's probably making her quit the band." Luke says to Reggie, glancing at Saf as she nods her head with agreement, staring at the floor in front of her.

"Well, there's not much we can do about that now, but...we can still help Carlos." Reggie points to Saf's younger brother, where her aunt was now talking to him about the ghost tracking app on the device.

"Adults not believing children ends tonight." Reggie adds.

He turns around and grins at them mischievously.

"Showtime." He smirks, and turns around to the lamp behind him, flicking it off.

"Seriously, Reggie?" Saf asks, watching as her aunt gasps and Carlos stares at the lamp with glee.

"Ghosts aren't real, huh? How do you explain that?" He asks excitedly, pointing at the lamp before looking up at their aunt. Reggie looks at her with question and a smirk.