sixteen; a broken promise

THE HOLLYWOOD GHOST CLUBMOMENTS LATER

MOMENTS LATER

SAF GAZES AROUND at the happy chatter of lifers surrounding her. The buzz from Caleb's show had still not died down in the time it had taken Reggie to gather as much information as he could about the time between nineteen ninety five, and now, and the living were still as jovial as ever.

The feeling of discomfort and dissatisfaction was returning to Saf by the second; being around this many people, especially the living, knowing that they were very much aware of the ghosts in the room, set her on edge.

She was only really comfortable being seen by one living person, and that same person was waiting for them at the school, banking on a promise that the four ghosts had made. And they were running out of time quicker than it took for her to join the afterlife.

Her hands were shaking, despite folding her arms and hiding them on her chest. The panic was rising in her mind, ready to spill out in a scream, a shout, anything to get the boys' attention and make them leave. But she was holding on. Luke had promised they would be there, and she hoped he kept to it.

In the mean time, whilst waiting for Caleb, Luke and Saf were accompanying Reggie on his quest for knowledge and information. And, as of right now, he wasn't too pleased with what he was learning.

"They made eight more Star Wars movies, and they killed Han Solo?" He asks, his voice breaking with emotion.

Luke sighs, looking at the floor. The couple in front of them, who had made Reggie aware of this fact, look at each other as if they shouldn't have spoiled one of the biggest moments in the franchise.

Even Saf was shocked when she saw it in the cinema. She was not expecting such a big character like Han Solo to die in the first movie of the sequel trilogy. She had cried as she left the screening, clutching a much younger Julie on the arm.

Their father had looked to their mom with worry, thinking that perhaps it was a mistake to get his eldest daughter sucked into the Star Wars universe at such a young age, seeing how she had reacted to the movie.

The memory brings a smile to the girls face, for the briefest of moments. How she missed being able to talk to her dad like that, sharing memories and laughing at the past.

She sighs, before bringing herself out of her mind and back into the present.

"What kind of future is this?" Reggie exclaims, groaning and throwing his hands up with emotion before storming off. Saf chuckles.