seventeen; sorry's and coffee

THE STUDIO
SOON, THE CAFE

SAF WAS THE FIRST ghost to return to the studio that night. She had left Luke, Alex and Reggie moments after the pain in their chests, escaping any further conversation with them that night. The emotions running wild in her mind would only fuel the anger she felt towards them, and if spoken to, she'd lose it.

No, she needed space and time to cool off before she could even confront the boys about what they had done to Julie, and how she was feeling.

Speaking of Julie, the girl had not returned home that night. Saf had overheard her dad asking Carlos where she was, and the boy had suggested she had stayed at Flynn's for the night. It was the only logical explanation, and they were cool with it.

In ways, it made it easier for Saf to try and cool down. It would also be the same for Julie. Both girls had a tendency to need space and seclusion when they were emotional or angry.

If either girl had seen each other when they got home, it would have been carnage. There would have been tears, shouting, arguing, until one of them gave up and walked away. They wouldn't speak for a while after, until their father would catch on and sit them at the table to talk.

It was rare for them to have an argument, but when they did, it was hell. Which is why their father took extreme measures to get them to be friends again. But right now, they needed their space.

Space was how they sorted things out, until one of them manned up and went to talk to the other. The amount of time they took to relax and cool down made it easier for them to see each other and sort things out. So that was what both girls were doing.

The moment Saf arrived back at the studio, she turned the lights on for the boys, unlocked the studio door, and vanished to her room.

She didn't even realise where she was headed until her feet met the carpet by her bed. It was an emotional and subconscious response, vanishing to her room.

It was the one place she would feel relaxed and safe in a time like this. She had planned to come up here the night she died, maybe do a face mask and relax with Julie. But she was stripped of her safe place and thrown into the afterlife because she was reckless.

Now, however, because she had finally faced it and practically moved on with her emotions from two years, her room was just as it was. A safe place.

The first thing she does when she realises where she is, is change into something different. The last few days, she realised she had been wearing the same clothes, and a jumper and sweats just wasn't quite doing it for her.