twenty-two; ah, chemistry

THE STUDIO
THAT AFTERNOON

SAF CHILLS ON one of the armchairs in the studio, humming songs the boys don't know, whilst they jam out on the couch.

Alex drums on his legs with concentration, going over the Edge Of Great beat and keeping it in his head for that evening. Reggie strums on the bass, Alex sending him fleeting glances as the boy knocks his trail of thought.

Luke reads over his own lyrics, playing a light riff and looking over at Saf every once in a while. She always catches his eye, sending him a smile as Alex and Reggie watch them.

They had been doing this since Luke and Saf had returned home, just jamming out to pass the time until Julie came home and they could properly start practicing. It was going to be a while.

"Look, we add the echoes during the chorus, then when Julie and Saf come in with the melody, it-it's gonna sound perfect!" Luke tells them all, glancing over at the girl as she smiles at his words.

Alex and Reggie exchange grins as Luke beams at them. Saf chuckles, before a thud from outside draws their attention to the studio doors.

She turns around, the boys glancing up to the window, and the unmistakable helmet of Willie could be seen as he dips out of sight.

"Again? What's that all about?" Reggie asks, scoffing as he points to the door.

"Is he stalking us, or something?" Saf asks, pulling her knees up to her chest, watching as Luke stares with confusion at the door.

"I don't know." Alex mumbles, his eyes set on where Willie had just been.

"Are you gonna go after him?" Saf asks warmly, noticing the longing look in his eyes.

Much like how Julie looked at Nick, Saf knew that Alex liked Willie. She and Luke had seen it clear as day when they were at The Hollywood Ghost Club, and they couldn't have been happier for him.

But, for some reason, it felt like Willie had been avoiding them ever since they left for Julie's gig, which they were a few hours late to. And, the look of hurt on Alex's face was enough to make anyone feel bad for him.

"Yeah, dude. Go after him." Luke urges his friend to go, and the boy sighs before disappearing.

Saf turns around to face the studio doors, where the sound of Willies skateboard on the ground comes to an abrupt halt,