They're not the Losechesters

You turned your head away and the blood smeared across your cheek. That's the third time a vamp smeared their bodily juices on you, this better not become a habit. You clenched your jaw in the same moment when an explosion rocked the house's foundation.

"What's going on?" Narkissa turned to Luke.

"Two humans, they somehow masked their scent," his face dropped, "They threw napalm in the basement, the entire nest if feeding down there." Smoke was beginning to leach up through the floorboards, the air grew toxic to the three of you, "We need to get you out of here Baroness,"

Narkissa retracted her fangs and leaned on Luke.

He scooped her up bridal style and kicked out the lowest window.

"Y/n," she looked over her shoulder, "If you somehow get out of here, my offer still stands."

Luke crouched down and disappeared in the smoke.

You blinked and cocked your head to the side. That must've been the most relaxed you've seen anyone behave inside a burning building. The heat in the room rose quickly, it didn't take long for you to start sweating, or the screams to grow louder. You lost your breath and started gasping for any oxygen, your panic turned to thrashing, you tipped your chair over in your desperation and slammed into the floor. A sudden light made you shield your eyes, but you saw who it was, or what. A vampire had escaped the initial attack, or most of it. It was still on fire.

"You brought this on us!" It wailed and fell in agony, the beast writhed and crawled closer, "You will die like the rest of us!"

There was no getting out...no second chance. You couldn't breathe and were stuck inside a burning building with a flaming vampire. How did you do this to yourself? You forced air into your lungs, "Help me!" You screamed louder than you ever had. This house didn't spontaneously combust, someone torched it. They had to be around to make sure no one lived.

The vampire recoiled at your pitch but it didn't stop his approach. It was only a few feet away.

You didn't turn away, you needed to see this, you had to be able to tell your little brother that you were finally brave.

A towering form thundered towards you and tore the weakening vampire off you.

You saw his side profile, his towering height, all blacked out by the flames. He raised his arms up and brought down the axe in his hands. It sank through the vampire's neck and into the wood floors. The head rolled away as he kicked it to the side. He kneeled over you and drew a knife.

You recoiled at the fire's reflection in the steel and tried to worm away.

"I'm not going to hurt you," his hand landed and covered half of your thigh. The ropes fell away to the knife's edge "Are you infected, did they get blood in your mouth?"

"N-no," you gasp. You push him aside and stumble for the closet. You sighed in relief when you saw your bag sitting on top of the pile. You slung the strap over your shoulder and rummaged through it. The warm plastic from your inhaler met your lips and instantly you could breathe again.

"We need to get out!" the man shouted over the growing inferno.

You'd forgotten you were alone, the man's hand on the back of your knee startled you, but you shrieked when you fell into his arms. You pushed yourself up off his chest. And it was a broad chest.

He slipped your grip and tucked you under his chin as he ran out of the house. He took the steps of the front porch two at a time.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" A voice bellowed from around the corner. A silhouetted shape of a man's body stalked towards you.

"I heard a scream so I went back in."

"I've been hearing a lot of screaming lately," the sarcasm was thick off the second person's voice, "You don't just charge for anything, any vamp in there will do anything to get out of this weanie roast!"

"She's not a vampire," your carrier defended, "She would've died if I didn't."

"Lets just get back to the car," the second man's boots crunched the dried leaves as he walked away, "We'll figure out what to do with her back at the room."

Your savior followed close behind him.

"What's your name?" You ask softly once you were further away from the heat. Though you were starting to miss it, the night air was frigid on your skin. Your throat was trashed from the smoke, you wanted your inhaler, but knew you could go without it for a bit longer.

"Sam. I'm Sam Winchester," the voice above you talked to you gently, but it wasn't condescending.

"Thank you," somehow those two words packed all that you were feeling. You had made your peace with death, but he saved you, Sam Winchester pulled you from the jaws of death.

"You're ok now," Sam lifted you higher, closer to himself, "This is the family business."

***Author's note: I'm sorry my chapters are so short, I use to post these to Instagram so they had to be this way. Chapter 4 will be up tonight. In the mean time enjoy this picture of Jensen Ackles^_^.***