Bloodsuckers

You didn't let your captors know you were awake as you came to, though the air was so heavy with dust, it was involuntary when you threw your head forward and sneezed.

        "Ah look! She's awake," a hand with elongated fingers rested on your shoulder and squeezed, "Now can we dig in?"
        You cranked your eye around and saw red polish on a wicked long nail, it was difficult not to shudder. How do people function with those? They don't, but vampires get along quite well.

        "Don't be foolish," the masculine voice removed the feminine hand and put a few feet of distance between you. He had his back to you, but his hair was buzzed short and held himself with perfect posture, "You know we wait for the Baroness."

        There was no point in hiding your face so you took in your surroundings. It looked like they were keeping you in the living room, the place was filled with windows, but escape was hopeless. Unless a miracle happened. The house was fairly clean, aside from the dust that was killing your breathing, your chest tightened and you swore your lungs shrunk when you tested the bonds. You noticed a vampire walk in with your bag slung over it's shoulder. They tossed it into the closet nearest to your prison without blinking twice. No, no, no, no. I can't have an attack now! You focused on inhaling through your mouth. while the vampiress continued to whine.

        "You saw her Luke, the Baroness was nearly knocked out when she gave that order. She was in no mindset-"

        "Do you really challenge the lady in her own home!?" Luke hissed, "She will have your head for this."

        "Oh boohoo, I'm tired of obeying the old hag," the woman's steps were nearly nonexistent, but her presence crept behind you, "And I'm oh so...hungry."

        You sucked in your breath, this was it. You weren't sure how to prepare yourself to be eaten by a vampire, it wasn't exactly how you thought you'd go out. Hot breath poured down your neck. You thought you were ready for the bite, but definitely not the explosion of a gunshot. You heard the body collapse on the floor just before her bullet wound coated you in more blood. God this was disgusting. You looked up and saw dark hair pushed over one elegent shoulder. It was the smoking gun and white bandage around her neck that made you freeze.

        "When I hand out orders, I expect them to be followed," the woman walked into the room.

        "Have a seat Narkissa," Luke offered his arm to the tired woman, guiding her to the high back chair a few feet away.

        She surveyed you with a chilling efficiency as she relaxed into the cushion, "This one has too much fight to be wasted as dinner," She lightly touched the bandage, "The list of people who can pull a fast one on me is very limited," her voice was smooth and slow in it's taunting.

        You didn't want to show any feeling, but you throat swallowed of it's own volition. Note to self; when hunting vampires, decapitations only.

        "Baroness, shall I get you a drink?" Luke tilted his body so he could see his lady's face clearly. He stepped to the side so that two other vampires could remove the body.

"Yes, thank you Luke. Tell the other's they may begin feeding," Narkissa smiled and touched his arm. She returned her attention to the limp body, "Take her down stairs until the dead man's blood wears off. She is dessert."

        The group exited to the sound of dragging feet.

        You were now alone with the Baroness. Her presence didn't help you with your breathing, "So...Baroness hmm?" You croaked slowly. Please be an imposter. For the love of god please be an imposter.

        "Yes, I get the title from my mate," Narkissa cleared her throat, she exhaled through her nose.

        You shifted in your chair, barely pulling at your bonds, willing them to loosen, "So he..." you tilted your head towards the door, "Luke isn't...."

        "Oh no, he's indebted to me. A veteran to his country with no prospects," She turns her head to acknowledge his entrance. The thick, red liquid in the offered hand had a special metallic stink, "I saved him from a bar fight going bad, and now he serves me," Narkissa looked back to you, "And my husband; Vesh Green, the Baron of Shadows."

        You specialized in hunting vampires, even though they were rare creatures, and that name was not new to you. It put the fear of god in you. Not...an imposter.

        "As you know who I am," she sipped, the drink seemed to revive her nearly instantly, "I know who you are. And we cannot let you live," she rocked her head from side to side, knowing what to say. But deciding how to say it, "You would make a fine edition to our nest Y/n. You are strong, fast...and loyal. You wouldn't have your...medical problem either."

        You bit your lip and froze. Was she serious? To be turned by the Baroness of Shadows would make you a strong vampire, even as a fledgling. No! Simply entertaining that thought undermined the very reasons you chose this life. You recoiled in disgust, "Go to hell."

        "Never been," she hummed "But I know some people down there now," Narkissa leaned in and whispered, "Your baby brother said the weather is bad this time of year."

You threw your head into her temple and bared your teeth. The guttural growl rising from you would intimidate any person. But not her.

It only elicited a smile riddled with fangs. She loomed in front of you, "This won't hurt if you let it," She bit her wrist and raised it to your lips. This really wasn't your day.