The Corpse and His Right Wing.

Cadaver sets me to my feet once we’re a few blocks away from the club.

“Don’t move an inch from my side.” He growls at me.

“Yes, Sir.” I whisper.

He pulls out his phone and calls someone, “I’m going to need to return home early tonight, Paige. Yes, please send Dusty. Thank you, doll. You have a good night as well.”

He ends the call and shoves his cell into his back pocket. I inch closer to him and cautiously wrap my arms around his bicep, leaning against him. I let out a soft breath and slump my shoulders. Cadaver carefully maneuvers me so that I’m standing in front of him. I press my head against his chest. He wraps his arms tightly around me and I immediately feel better. I felt better just being closer to him. But I couldn’t get close enough. I pressed myself closer to him with a soft whine. I felt him exhale a shaky breath and pet my hair, his fingers tugging though it.

I look up at him with watery eyes. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. It’s not enough. It’s not enough to be this close to him and it’s impossible to press myself any closer. I hear him sigh and he leans down to kiss my forehead. I shudder and nuzzle him. He’s impossibly warm, like a portable heating pad or something. It feels so good. I’m freezing in this gown in the open air. My gown…. I shriek and press myself further to him, thoughroughly embarrassed.

“What’s wrong, little one?” Cadaver wrinkled his eyebrows and looked at me, concerned.

I blushed, “I…my gown. It’s sheer and…”

Cadaver let out that booming laugh and massaged my shoulders with his strong hands, “Calm down darling. I’m going to take you home as quickly as I can. That’s why I called for a ride.”

I bit my lip and just shook my head at myself, “Thank you, Sir. You’re already taking such good care of me.”

His golden eyes twinkled like stars. He leaned in close to me and whispered in my ear, “Just wait. I’m going to spoil you, Princess.”

I flushed tomato red and whimpered, my hands gripping his biceps. Cadaver laughed. After a few moments, a large black Hummer pulled up beside us. I gaped at the large vehicle. A pair of feet appeared on the other side and began to walk around. A large man in a maroon V-neck and black jeans appeared and he bowed slightly toward Cadaver and me. The man looked back up and smiled at me, his chocolate colored eyes shining. He had a buzz cut, but had facial hair. His skin was a light mocha color, I noted as I observed him. It was a beautiful shade.

“Hello, little miss. My name is Dusty and I’m Cadaver’s beta.” He flashed his teeth at me.

I blushed and smiled at him, waving a little. Dusty laughed and waved back.

“She’s a cutie pie, Sir.” Dusty said to Cadaver, who grinned back at him.

“She’s adorable.” Cadaver murmured and nuzzled me.

I giggled and hit his arm, “Sir, I’m cold. May we get in the car?”

Cadaver blinked, “Of course, darling.”

Dusty opened the door for us and Cadaver hoisted me up, palming my butt in his hands. I squeaked and heard Dusty laugh. Cadaver climbed up after me and then his Beta shut the door. It was much warmer in the car. I smiled and snuggled back against the seat. Cadaver reached over me and then pulled my seat belt over my waist, buckling me in. He then buckled himself in and reached for my hand. I opened mine to him and he entwined our fingers, his thumb rubbing gently over the top of my hand.

I leaned over to him and brushed my lips against his cheek in thanks. This man…this beautiful man was my Alpha and soon to be Mate. Cadaver. How could a name so “dead” make me feel so alive?