Flames and Flirtations

This chapter is dedicated to @Mmh7397 for her amazing word choice which was a big inspiration for this chapter ;) and @MayaSummers2015 for her reminder to continue this book and her wonderful enthusiasm :)

Little sunlight spotlights danced over the pale skin of my arm, illuminating the snow white surface with little gold glows. I smiled and pulled my arm back under the furs and wrapped my hand around Cadaver's bicep, squeezing lightly. My fingers trailed down his warm, tanned skin, tracing patterns only I could see in my mind's eye. Beautiful. The sun beams that glowed on his exposed skin only aided his ethereal presence. I felt my lips turn up into somewhat of a smile. This man...surely he was a God. No mortal could be breathtakingly...heartbreakingly captivating. Like an inescapable incubus... He was pulchritudinous. A giggle escaped my mouth. I hadn't thought of the word in ages. Yes, pulchritudinous[1] fit him quite well. But I was also beginning to realize that there was more to him than his outward attractiveness. My King...he was kind, and strong, gentle, and humble. He was beautiful, so heartbreakingly, breathtakingly so, on the inside as well. And that somewhat terrified me that such a person did exist. Such perfection...such beauty. And somehow, he wanted me. It was impossible to wrap my head around such an idea.

Cadaver's hand reached out and grasped mine, entwining our fingers. I let out a startled gasp and then laughed.

"Good morning, Sir."

His eyes opened, twinkling in the daylight shining through the circular opening above us.

"Good morning, unicam meam..." His lips pressed softly against my forehead.

"Unicam meam?" I stuttered over the strange words.

Cadaver blushed and caressed the side of my face, "My only one."

"Oh." I flushed deep red and then smiled at him, "It sounds lovely, Sir."

He laughed and brushed his fingers through my stray hairs falling out of the braid he'd fashioned last night. He murmured more foreign words and then pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"You are absolutely beautiful, Carissimi." He murmured and then pulled the black ribbon out of its bow.

"Sit up for me, my darling."

I sat up and pulled my knees to my chest. Cadaver got off the bed and then fumbled around for something. He found it and then came and sat behind me. I smiled as he tugged what I noted was most likely a brush, through my snarled hair. I relaxed my shoulders and let out a sign of contentment. His brushes were careful and smooth, never yanking or causing me pain. Cadaver hummed an enchanting tune under his breath. He tugged the last knot from my hair and then wove a braid and tied it off with the ribbon. I twisted around and smiled widely at him.

"Thank you very much, Sir. You take care of me and..."

He hushed me and pulled me into his arms, "Hush, my sweet one. I know. I will always be here."

Tears pricked at my eyes and I quickly blinked them back. I snuggled up against his chest and giggled. He was wonderful. My beautiful Alpha.

He rubbed his hands across my back...and then my stomach let out an obnoxiously loud gurgle. I blushed and quickly apologized. But Cadaver just laughed and touched my stomach.

"You're hungry, my love. Let me find us some new clothes and then we can go to the dining hall."

I nodded enthusiastically, making him laugh. He tugged me up alongside him and pulled me toward an armoire. He opened the door and I gawked. Beautiful, colorful silks hung from the top and on the inside of the doors hung jewelry. The bottom held a few pairs of comfy looking flat shoes. I squealed and threw my arms around Cadaver. He chuckled and kissed the top of my head. I suddenly turned very shy, "Sir... am I allowed to choose?"