Betas and Braids

I could feel his canines dug into my skin, I could feel his teeth inside of me. It was painful and amazing all at once, to feel possession sink into me. It was warm and wet: blood, saliva, and hormones. And oh god, did it hurt. His jaw didn’t loosen its hold on my flesh. My vision went in and out. It was like a high and I was addicted with one taste of him. His teeth clamped down further, tearing the skin between my shoulder and neck. Beautiful. Delicious.

Then, he his jaw went slack. I moaned at the loss and crumpled, my legs giving out. Cadaver held me gently and kissed my forehead. His tongue began to lap at the open wound, healing it faster with his hormones. I smiled and reached out to touch his face with my hand. He caught it with his own hand and hushed me.

“Hush, baby. You’re weak right now. Just relax. I’m going to take care of you.” He whispered in my ear, stroking my sweaty hair.

I let out a shaky breath. I felt warm. Too warm. I groaned and dug my nails into the skin of his forearm. He just kissed my cheek and continued to pet my hair, trying to keep me calm. I had to stay relaxed or the hormones would react negatively to my body. My system would reject his scent mark and I would die. I breathed in and out in unison with him. My body felt light and airy, like I wasn’t actually here. Only his touch kept me grounded…kept me alive.

I needed to sleep…to let my body rest and accept the new hormone running through me. Cadaver kissed the corner of my mouth and nuzzled my bite mark. He began to run his tongue over it once more. It soothed the burning in my veins and relaxed me. I let my eyes flutter shut as he continued his cleaning. My mind drifted off to thoughts of him kissing me, holding me, and claiming me over and over and over again.

                                                          **************************

A soft pattering from above awoke me. I sat up slowly, rubbing my eyes. I winced. My head throbbed and I sighed, rubbing my temples. I blinked slowly, my eyes gradually growing accustomed to the lighting. I was sitting on a thick bed of furs with blue pillows scattered. It was like…a nest. I smiled and nuzzled my face into a pillow. It was soft against my skin. I noticed a pile of thinner furs at the end of the nest. Blankets, probably, I noted. I moved out of the comfy space, careful not to make too much noise. The floor was rock, cool against my feet. I moved toward the doorway, pushing a heavy black curtain out of the way and stepped into the hall.

It was quiet and I didn’t see Cadaver or any of the pack members. I wandered down the hall and peeked around the corner. I heard the soft murmur of voices. I followed the sound, my hand feeling along the wall for support. I was still a bit weak. I stopped before I got to an opening of a room and cautiously peered inside. I heard laughter and quickly ducked my head back. Feet pattered toward me and I winced, edging back. A little girl with toffee colored skin and bright blue eyes smiled at me. She reached her little hand out to me.

“Hello, mam. Would you like to come play wif us?”

I blinked and then grinned at her. One of her front teeth was missing, so she lisped. Absolutely adorable.

“I would love to, darling.” I whispered.

She grabbed my hand and tugged me into the room. Two little boys were playing with toys. They looked up. The boy with red hair smiled at me. His green eyes gazed steadily at me.

“Oh! You found her Azi!”

I giggled and looked down at her.

“I did! She said she would play wif us, Quinn.” The little girl answered.