VII.VII

Setting: Studio, Los Angeles, CA

Upon arriving back home a week after everyone else did, Demi and Cristo kind of switched roles

Upon arriving back home a week after everyone else did, Demi and Cristo kind of switched roles. After a successful fashion week, Cristo was on a short hiatus before he had to start working again on his line and at Louis Vuitton. So while Cristo was with Muse for most of the day, Demi finally had the opportunity to go to a studio outside of her home without her three year old attached to her hip. Demi loved Muse, and Muse loved the studio, but Demi also needed a chance to immerse herself in the creative process without her daughter interrupting her, and this was the perfect chance. Demi was always creating music even if she never released it. And if she did release it, she really didn't make it into a big thing like she did when she was younger. There was no press tour or a week of performance slots on late night television. Now she was able to let the music do the talking without all of this extra stuff and she loved it.

"Demi, I'm telling you, that take was perfect. Listen to it," her producer Nolan urged, clicking around on the computer until the sound of her voice filled the studio. Demi could only listen to a few lines before she shook her head.

"I like parts of it but not the whole thing. The 'nothing' and 'something' could be better. And I don't like how that note ends on 'see,'" Demi critiqued.

In this way, her and Cristo were very similar. They both harnessed so much creative energy and they were always chasing perfection in their craft, even if it wasn't always possible.

"Well...yeah, in a perfect world we could make those better."

"We have all the time in the universe to make this a perfect world. We don't have a deadline on this," Demi reminded her before she put her headphones back on so that she could re-record it.

That was also the best thing about having more control over her career. She could release anything at anytime and there was no rush. Her team understood that her career wasn't her biggest priority and that when she was ready to release music, she would.

Demi wanted to release this song. All of her music reflected moments in her life so of course this song was about Cristo and that awful time during this summer when they didn't spend any real time together. Things were much better now so Demi didn't want this to bring up old feelings. And Cristo was much more strict when it came to what he shared about his life than she was. He didn't like people in their business and he didn't like speculation, so although he supported her wholeheartedly, Demi knew that he wouldn't really like for this to come out and for rumors to start about their marriage. Demi couldn't care less. The public could speculate all they wanted but at the end of the day, they were still together, and that said way more than a song.

Setting: Cristo and Demi's House, Calabasas, CA