VIII.X

Setting: Cristo and Demi's House, Hidden Hills, CA

Unlike during their first pregnancy, Cristo was trying his absolute best to make sure that he was at home and there for Demi, especially since they had two kids now

Unlike during their first pregnancy, Cristo was trying his absolute best to make sure that he was at home and there for Demi, especially since they had two kids now. Muse was usually in her own world but Jadore could crawl and was trying to walk so she was all over the place, and though they had Marsha's help, Cristo didn't want Demi to stress about chasing the girls all over the house. Instead of taking on the job as creative director at Louis Vuitton, he had taken a lower, more informal position where he assisted with the fashion shows and that's it. He had been helping a new designer but he decided to spend the rest of the afternoon at home. When he finally made it there, Demi was loading the dishwasher while chatting with Kim who was sitting at the marble island.

"Hey, baby," Cristo greeted, his hand resting on her waist as he kissed the side of her cheek.

"Hey, Marsha just put the leftovers from lunch away. There's some pasta in the fridge," Demi said, rinsing a plate off before bending over to place it in the dishwasher.

"Is Tori busy or something? I don't remember her having the day off," Cristo questioned, referencing one of their newer housekeepers. They kept five on staff but Marsha was the only one who lived with them, and she pretty much managed the rest of the staff.

"No, I fired her," Demi simply stated, wincing as she dropped a few forks into the dishwasher.

"Why? We just hired her last week," Cristo reminded her, looking at Kim who shrugged her shoulders.

"Because she's not cleaning the house the way that I want it cleaned and I've told her about it a million times. I shouldn't have to keep telling you how to do your job. You should just know how to do it," Demi ranted, pushing her hair off of her shoulders with a loud huff. "No one else is scheduled today and Muse is making Marsha have a tea party with her and Chi, so I'm doing the dishes."

"Babe, that's the second housekeeper you've fired in a month. You're gonna make it impossible for us to find anyone to work here," Cristo tried to tell her as nicely as possible but he watched her raise his eyebrow and knew she had a problem with what he said.

"Cristo, if I want my house cleaned a certain way, I'm not going to pay someone who cleans it the opposite way. What, does that sound crazy? Is that crazy, Kim?"

Demi looked to Kim to back her up but Kim raised her hands in surrender. She did not want to get involved with anything that had to do with a pregnant, angry Demi. During Demi's last pregnancy, she had threatened to beat her ass and Kim had been trying to avoid that energy ever since. The last thing she needed was to be fighting with Demi, especially since they just got cussed out by her last week.

"I'll do the dishes, ma cherie. Just go sit down somewhere, please," Cristo added the please at the end so that it didn't sound like he was ordering her around. Demi shoved the dirty washcloth into his hand before storming out of the kitchen. Cristo made sure she went upstairs before facing Kim.