IX.III

Setting: Kappo Masa, New York City, NY

Kappo Masa was this super chic and super trendy Japanese restaurant in the heart of New York City

Kappo Masa was this super chic and super trendy Japanese restaurant in the heart of New York City. Demi and Cristo had been personally invited there by one of the co owners who happened to be friends with Nicolas a long time ago. It was right next to his art gallery and he had collaborated with a famous chef for the restaurant. Although the dimly lit restaurant was gorgeous on the inside, the food was actually subpar, and that was coming from Demi who loved sushi. Either way, since it was so expensive and exclusive, it attracted tons of celebrity guests and with that came the paparazzi. They had already been stationed outside when they entered and they would still be there when they were leaving. Cristo's team made sure of it.

"Do you remember when we first met and I saw you in one of my designs?" Cristo asked before finishing his wine off. Usually he was better at not drinking around her when he knew that she couldn't have any but she knew that he needed a little alcohol to take the edge off. He had long kicked his little smoking habit to the side but Demi had seen a pack of Marlboros in his trench coat.

"Yeah...you said you love when people take your designs and make them more beautiful than you could ever imagine...kiss ass," Demi teased, a hint of a smile dancing on her lips as she poked at her deep sea snapper. She would have to remember to bring some sushi home for Muse.

"I still feel that way...especially now. I'm so glad you decided to do this for me," Cristo said, reaching across the table to grab her hand.

"You know I'll always support you no matter what...even though you did change everything around at the last minute and didn't even let me know," Demi said, lightly kicking his shin.

"Sorry about that. My vision changed right before Lana finished packing and I already felt terrible enough about making her change everything," Cristo said, running his thumb along her hand. "I hope you're not uncomfortable. I don't take what you're doing lightly, especially since I know you're still recovering from giving birth."

"Yeah..." Demi said, sitting up a little bit straighter in her seat. She was uncomfortable but she wasn't going to tell Cristo that. She knew it was impolite but she palmed her chest over her dress and felt that it was wet. Demi had been on a pretty good breastfeeding schedule but flying to New York had thrown everything out of wack. Plus, Cristo just mentioned Nicolas and she must've miscalculated the time...

"Oh my gosh," Demi breathed out as she grabbed a napkin and began to dab at her chest. Thank God they were in a secluded area.

"What happened?"

"I'm leaking," Demi cried, moving her hair away from her chest. "This is so embarrassing."

"No, it's fine. We'll leave. I'll have Max stop and pick up a pump before he comes here. It's okay, Demi."

"No it's not, this is so fucking embarrassing. I'm supposed to be getting pictures for your campaign and there's paparazzi everywhere and I'm leaking," Demi sobbed as Cristo quickly called Max.