VIII.V

Setting: Kylie's House, Calabasas, CA

Demi and Kylie used to be really close, especially before they had their kids

Demi and Kylie used to be really close, especially before they had their kids. Demi could confide in Kylie in a way that she couldn't do with any of her other sisters, and it had always been like that. They were similar in a lot of ways, and Kylie attributed that to them both being leos, but it was deeper than that. They both liked to do their own thing and although they weren't as close as they used to be, Demi still knew that she could go to Kylie with anything, which is why she found herself at her house after her therapy session with Cristo.

"I don't know if I told you this before but I'm literally obsessed with these photos on the wall. I love that they're all black and white. I may have to steal that since we're still decorating the new house," Demi said as she followed Kylie up the stairs to her room. Paxi followed them but the rest of the camera crew was already set up in her room. Demi plopped down the bed as Kylie closed the door behind them.

"It's the one thing in the house that I did by myself. It's like the only thing that I can take credit for," she said as she laid next to her sister.

"Travis is picking Stormi up?"

"No, he's on tour. Kris is getting her and apparently she's taking over my house for the weekend...?"

"Yeah she did that to me while her house was getting renovated. Is it not finished yet?"

"Demi, I walk past that house every single day and I have not seen any evidence that it's being renovated. I think she's just lonely. Or she broke up with Corey and she doesn't want to say it. Anyway, what brings you over stranger?"

"This is very awkward," Demi started, tilting her chin towards the cameras.

Sometimes she didn't mind filming but most of the time, it felt like she didn't have a choice in what was filmed. And that was mainly her fault. She was constantly behind schedule and for the last two seasons she had been trying to negotiate her contract but was never able to finish negotiations before the new season started. Cristo had hinted at their KUWTK journey possibly coming to an end but he hadn't explicitly said it.

"It's only awkward because you make it awkward. What's wrong?" Kylie asked, propping her elbow up and resting her face against her hand.

"You know you're still one of the only people who know about the miscarriage, right?"

"Hmmm..."

"And you know Cristo wants to have another baby."

"You don't?"

"I don't know. But we were in therapy the other day and he said something that just like...triggered me."

Demi was trying to be as forthcoming as possible but she was also very conscious of the cameras around them. The good thing was that if she didn't want this moment to be in the episode, it didn't have to be. They would just scrap it and record something else.