XXXIII

"Well isn't this sweet."

A cold and sharp tone made Guinevere jump back slightly and look up only to see Queen Beatrice instead.

"W-what?"

The queen smirked and smoothened her white gown.

"Your mind is quite an open book, dear. So this Granger is very important to you, correct?" The woman asked as she watched Guinevere stare at her in shock.

"You tricked me." She mumbled which made the queen laugh.

"I thought you'd be smarter than that."

Guinevere glared at her, "How dare you use your magic on me."

"Watch your tone, princess. I was merely making sure that my son will be married to a faithful woman. Seeing that you're not one, I'll have to make some adjustments."

Guinevere blinked in confusion, "Adjustments? I am not some toy you can fix to your liking."

Beatrice raised a brow at her, "Oh I am aware of that. This will cost me so much magic but a mother will have to do what's best for her child."

Guinevere growled, "Funny you should say that. Did you say the same thing to Gusion? Did you even try to make sure he's gotten what's best for him?"

The queen glared at her this time. She marched towards Guinevere and grabbed her by the arm violently which made Guinevere yelp.

"My son decided to leave the family. You really think I didn't try to change his mind so he won't get banished by my husband?!" She growled.

Guinevere felt herself tremble as the woman before her glared at her so hard as if she was the most horrid thing in the planet.

"To be honest I'd never want you for Gareth by my family name has been shamed by yours too much. I won't let you ruin it anymore."

Guinevere tried her best to keep a straight face, her arm stinging slightly at how tight Beatrice was holding on to it.

She watched as the woman before her close her eyes and started to mutter something under her breath and when her eyes open again, Guinevere gasped as an overwhelming feeling of dizziness enveloped her senses.

She felt her knees buckle, making her lose her balance and collapse against the queen but she shook her head in an attempt to regain her composure but it was no use.

How could she have been so stupid? It would be impossible for Granger to be here so fast. He's still in Castle Atlas with Silvanna and the others. He's probably fighting for his life and for the civilians there. And here she was, getting tricked just because of her loneliness. 

How foolish.

Guinevere eventually fell down on the grass while Beatrice knelt before her.

"Don't worry. You won't remember a thing. Not a single thing about any of this....and of that man."

She heard Beatrice mutter before she succumbed into the darkness.