XXIV

She kept her head low as she walked aimlessly, not really sure where to find her brother. He did mention that he'll be sparring with Tigreal for today but she failed to ask where they'd be.

"Where you headed?"

She stiffened at the voice and turned to see Granger. Guinevere cleared her throat.

"Somewhere."

Granger raised a brow and walked closer to her, "You plan on wandering off?"

She frowned, "No. I just don't know where I'm going really. I'm looking for Lancelot."

"They're in the courtyard. I'll take you there."

"No." She said immediately.

Granger frowned while she cleared her throat.

"I mean, shouldn't you be training? I'll manage on my own."

"I'm done training with Alucard for the day and I'm sure you're not familiar with the grounds yet." Granger replied.

Guinevere stayed silent for a while before she raised her chin up, "Still. I'll manage on my own. Go and assist Silvanna then."

Granger's eyes widened for a bit at her tone before he chuckled, "Is this about a while ago?"

Guinevere frowned and took a step back from him, "What are you on about?"

"Come on. That kiss on the hand was nothing. I know you saw that." Granger replied, a smile still on his lips making Guinevere frustrated.

How does he read her emotions so well?

"What makes you think I cared about that detail?" She shot back.

Granger chuckled and took her hand and slowly pulled her to him, she froze while he guided her head to rest on his chest with one hand on the back of her head and the other guiding her hand around his waist.

"Silvanna is my superior and I did that as a sign of respect and gratitude." He whispered to her as he wrapped her petite form with his arms.

She was stunned. She stood there, with her hands around his waist while they hugged. She could feel him stroking her brown hair.

"I like what you did with your hair by the way. It suits you." Granger added.

Guinevere couldn't help the blush coming to her cheeks. She bit on her lip before she slowly pulled away from him. She looked up at him in curiosity while he smiled down at her.

"Silvanna told me that I should speak my mind sometimes." Granger continued.

Guinevere was at loss for words. Granger rarely talked about his thoughts and emotions and he has never been the type to get all affectionate. What was going on?

"So I'm going to tell you that Gusion annoys the heck out of me." Granger said which made Guinevere blink in surprise.

"Wh-what? I mean I can sense your distaste but why?" Guinevere asked, finally finding her voice.

Granger sighed, "I don't think I can answer that for now. I've told you too much already."

Guinevere scoffed, "You're joking. Too much? I'm utterly lost! You better explain yourself because I have no idea what's going on in that head of yours. You've never been this vocal nor physical ever."

"Yeah and you should know this is all new to me."

"Why be like this now, then? What exactly did you and Silvanna talk about?"

"Gwen?"

The two turned to see Lancelot walking towards them. Granger took a step back from Guinevere while the princess glanced at his action making her raise a brow.

"Shouldn't you be training with Harith and Gusion?" Lancelot asked her once he got close enough.

"They're still sparring. I can train in a few really I don't mind."

Lancelot nodded before he gazed at Granger and gave him a nod. Granger returned the gesture.

"Okay then. You better not exhaust yourself too much. I'll see you later. I have to go do something Tigreal asked me to do." Lancelot said before placing a kiss on his sister's forehead.

Guinevere and Granger watched him walk off before the princess turned to Granger expectantly.

"I'll tell you when we're ready." Granger told her.

"Why not now? You know how impatient I can be." Guinevere replied.

Granger shook his head, "I know. Come on. I'll accompany you to the town. I think some fresh air will do you good."

He then walked past her.

"You're changing the subject!" Guinevere protested as she walked after him.

"You're wasting time. We can roam for a bit before you train with Harith and that brunette." Granger replied, not even bothering to look back at her.