XXXVIII

Guinevere raised a brow when she saw Lancelot, Gusion, and Granger all huddled together talking to somebody right in front of her bedroom door.

She cleared her throat which made the three stiffen before they all turned to her.
Her eyes lingered on Granger, remembering what Silvanna told her earlier. Odd. She couldn't recall any interaction with him at all.

Her eyes then settled on to her lady in waiting, Linda, who looked rather pale and dazed.

"What's the matter?" She asked in concern as she held on to her shoulders to have a closer look on her.

Guinevere then turned to her brother in curiosity.

"We were just passing by when we saw her sitting on the floor, unconscious." Lancelot said to her.

Guinevere then frowned and turned to Linda, "Did you somehow catch a fever? This is why I keep telling you to tone down on being too hard working. You'll wear yourself out."

Linda chuckled nervously, "I'm sorry for the trouble, Your Highnesses."

Gusion then walked closer to Linda, making the two women turn to him.

"By any chance, did you cross paths with Queen Beatrice before you fainted?"

Lancelot narrowed his eyes at the possibility. Granger looked at Linda who frowned, trying to recall any of the sort. He clenched his hands into fists when she nodded her head yes.

Gusion knew exactly why she was on the floor unconscious.

Guinevere frowned in confusion, "What does the Queen have to do about any of this?"

Gusion smiled warmly at her and shook his head, "Nothing. I guess I just miss my mother."

Guinevere blinked in surprise before she smiled back at him, "Well I can tell her that later at dinner."

Gusion chuckled and nodded before glancing at Lancelot.

"Well, I hope you'll be alright Linda. We'll be on our way." Lancelot said.

Linda smiled and bowed in response. Guinevere watched as the three walked past them but she had to suck in a breath after Granger locked eyes with her before he went.

She didn't know why but he really seemed interesting. She then shrugged the thought off as probably due to Silvanna's odd question earlier.

Guinevere then turned to Linda with a smile, "Now, I'll let you rest for the rest of the day. I'll see you tomorrow morning."

Linda was about to protest about having her responsibility of assisting her in getting ready for dinner and for bed later tonight but Guinevere cut her off, insisting she'll manage on her own.

Linda smiled and bowed, "Thank you, Your Highness. I'll see you in the morning."

Guinevere smiled and nodded before she walked into her room. She was walking towards her bed when she noticed the drawer of her vanity table was slightly open. She walked over towards it and opened it fully only to reveal her hairclips that her father and mother gave to her before.

She then closed it again and proceeded to her bed to lie down. She managed to show Silvanna and Odette around the castle amidst her headaches and now all she wanted to do was sleep.

~•°•~

Silvanna snapped out of her thoughts when a knock on her door came. She got up from the chair she was sitting on and answered the door only to see Odette, Lancelot, Gusion, and Grangee.

"I believe you've witnessed my sister's memory wipe firsthand." Lancelot said.

Silvanna nodded and stepped aside and gestured for them to come in.

She looked around the corridor for a bit to see if the Queen was anywhere near before she closed and locked her door.

"My mother wiped her memory of Granger clean." Gusion announced which made Odette stare at him dumbfounded.

"Why would she do that?" The swan princess asked.

Lancelot shrugged, "Guinevere was worried sick about the attack in Castle Atlas and all she could think about was..." he nodded towards Granger who was staring at the floor deep in thought.

Silvanna nodded in understanding, "The Queen probably picked up on her thoughts with her magic and felt threatened that Guinevere will once again turn from the agreement."

Lancelot nodded, "That's what I've been thinking."

"Well? How will we get rid of this magic?" Odette asked.

"My mother's magic is powerful and something very dear to Guinevere, something she truly treasured related to Granger will be more powerful than that." Gusion replied.

Silvanna frowned, "Something she treasured...did you by any chance give her anything that she must've held close to her heart?"

Granger looked up at her and nodded, "Yes and we were about to get it from her room earlier but turns out the Queen has beaten us to it."

"My sister's personal attendant was on the floor in front of her room unconscious. No doubt Queen Beatrice tampered with her mind too." Lancelot said.

"My mother must've seen that hairclip in Guinevere's memories and wasted no time in hiding it." Gusion added.

"Or destroyed it." Granger suggested which made Odette sigh.

"These people are manipulative. I certainly will not allow Guinevere to marry into such family even if she didn't love anyone else." Lancelot said.

Silvanna nodded in understanding. Even she wouldn't want Guinevere to be in such family.

"When's the wedding?" Silvanna asked which made Granger stiffen slightly.

"Still no exact date but I'm sure my father will announce that tonight at dinner. He's been planning to throw another ball." Lancelot replied.

Everyone fell silent for a while. Anything can happen in a ball. Perhaps if they could get Guinevere and Granger to interact alone...

"I'll lure my sister to the garden tonight. And you," Lancelot gestured at Granger, "will be waiting for her there."

Granger frowned, "Why of all places? Also what will I even say to her?"

Gusion chuckled, "Don't tell me you're being bashful now. Do you want her back or not?"

Granger glared at Gusion who only smirked at him making Odette groan. The last thing they wanted was for the two to go at each other's throats.

"I think if we could at least get you two to interact and communicate that might at least trigger something in her memory." Lancelot said.

Granger thought about it for a while and nodded.

"Alright, let's try this." He replied.

---------------------------------------

AN: Hi! Sorry for being inactive. Was pretty preoccupied. I wanna thank you all for reading and voting! Means a lot to me! I'll try to update faster :) Lots of love!