LIII

"Will you be visiting us again soon?" Derek asked Guinevere and Granger with his adorable pout which made the couple smile.

"You can count on it. Keep up your good work at swordsmanship and be good to your parents." Guinevere told him gently.

Derek grinned and stood straighter than normal, "You can count on me!"

Odette smiled at her son's enthusiasm before she walked over to him and placed her hands on his shoulders.

Guinevere couldn't help but wish her son or daughter would be this enthusiastic too.

"We'll see you all soon. Love?" Granger turned to Guinevere expectantly as the carriage awaited them.

Guinevere turned to him and took his hand as they climbed into the carriage.

The trip was quiet and this made Guinevere feel drowsy. It has been a long and eventful day and she was exhausted. Granger noticed this so he took her hand in his to get her attention.

"You can rest on my shoulder, love." He whispered to her.

Guinevere smiled and rested her head on his shoulder before she gave his hand a gentle squeeze. She let her eyes close as the carriage went smoothly. The trip would take up two hours so she got time to sleep.

Granger rubbed his thumb against the back of her hand gently as she slept. He thought about the conversation they had at lunch. He sure wanted to have kids with her and start a family. He was more than excited but judging by her reaction earlier, he thought she still wasn't ready and willing and he'll respect that.

Just then, the carriage came to a violent halt which made the couple onboard jerk forward. Guinevere instantly woke while Granger placed his arm in front of her to stop her from falling off.

"What's going on?" Guinevere whispered to him in shock and confusion.

Granger frowned and concentrated on listening to anything unusual around them. This wasn't good.

"I don't know...I need you to-"

The door of the carriage swung open violently which caused Guinevere to gasp and hold on to her husband who instinctively wrapped his arms around her trembling form.

"Princess Guinevere! Please step out of the carriage!" A woman's voice called out.

Granger and Guinevere recognized that voice. It's been three years since they've last heard it but they remembered it clear as day.

"Beatrice..." Guinevere mumbled which made Granger reach over to the small chest he placed under the seats and took out a gun from it. Keeping one of his weapons in here turned out to be a great idea afterall.

"You stay in here." He told Guinevere who frowned as he slowly walked towards the door.

"We're staying in here. If she so boldly attacked us, I'm sure she's got the upper hand. We need to think things through, here." Guinevere whispered to him.

He knew she was right. Beatrice obviously have everything figured out.

"Princess Guinevere? I know you're in there sweetie." Beatrice called out again in a sickening sing song tone.

Guinevere bit on her lip in thought. So far all she's been calling for was her. She probably doesn't know Granger was in here too. She just hope she didn't.

"I'm facing her." She whispered to Granger who immediately frowned and opened his mouth to protest but she raised a hand, "She's only been asking for me and she probably didn't know you're here too...we can use that against her."