XIV

"How did it go?" Odette asked just as the Baroque siblings entered the castle.

"We were asked to assist the empire in defeating the abyssal demons. My sister was forgiven by the princess and...we're hoping you could too." Lancelot replied.

Guinevere smiled apologetically at Odette to which she smiled back.

"I really am sorry about what I did to your soldiers." Guinevere said.

Odette nodded, "I have forgiven you already. Lancelot told me you've been through a lot just to find him and that you were under some sort of trouble."

Guinevere looked to her brother with a grateful smile. Thanking him silently for explaining to the princess on her behalf.

"Yes, that is correct. Thank you."

Odette smiled and held her by her shoulders as she guided her into the halls of her castle.

"So, may I get to know you a bit more?" She asked with an eager smile.

Guinevere chuckled as she glanced at her brother who walked behind them, smiling.

"Well, I graduated as top student in the Academy of magic. I love beautiful things and I am hoping that I can convince my father to stop my marriage with the heir of the Paxley Family."

Odette blinked, "So this problem your brother told me about is this marriage?"

Guinevere nodded.

"Why don't you want to marry the heir of the Paxleys?" Odette inquired as they continued to walk.

Lancelot cleared his throat before Guinevere could reply, "Because she loves someone else."

Guinevere frowned at this and turned to her brother, "What?"

Odette raised a brow as she smiled teasingly.

"No? I mean she likes someone else." Lancelot chuckled.

"What on earth are you talking about?"

Odette laughed as she got between them before the pissed redhead could hit Lancelot.

"Okay, let's go have our dinner then?"

~•°•~

Dinner went smoothly and Guinevere was more than happy to have eaten a wonderful meal.

"So, after your service to the empire, I take it both of you will return to your home?" Odette asked as the servants took care of their plates.

Guinevere looked to her brother as he shrugged.

"I believe so. We'll have to convince father about this marital issue. But I'll visit you as often as I can." Lancelot replied.

Odette smiled at this, "I wish you both success in your endeavors then."

Guinevere raised a brow at her brother before she smiled at the princess.

"Thank you."

Odette smiled and nodded.

"Truly, thank you. For saving my brother and for your kindness." Guinevere added.

After a few more conversations, Guinevere let out a yawn.

"Perhaps you should get some rest. You both will have to travel again tomorrow." Odette suggested.

Lancelot nodded and helped his sleepy sister up.

"Goodnight, Odette." Guinevere said with a smile.

"Goodnight, Guinevere. I'll see you in the morning." Odette replied.

Lancelot was about to walk with her when she held his arm, stopping him.

"I can manage. Like you said, you have to savor this night with her." Guinevere whispered to her brother.

Lancelot smiled and gave her hand a gentle squeeze before he nodded.

"Oh and make sure you tell her how you feel before we go. Don't be such a girl." Guinevere teased.

Lancelot's smile faded and he glared at her playfully before she turned away with a chuckle.

Once she got to her room, she plopped down on her bed and stared at the ceiling.

She'll be seeing Granger again tomorrow and hopefully they could talk and catch up. She hoped he cared enough about her that he'll ask how she's been because she was dying to know what he's been through.

She sighed before she got up and arranged her things. She was shocked to see her once soiled clothes neatly folded on the bedside table.

Her questions were answered when she saw the note next to them.

I'm sorry for prying but I had one of my servants clean your room and she told me your satchel was open and she saw your soiled clothes. I couldn't help but ask my servants to wash them for you.
-Odette

Guinevere smiled. She'll make a wonderful sister in law.