XLII

Guinevere stood from her chair and crouched down to hug Granger as he let out a low chuckle of amusement.

"You're okay..." Guinevere mumbled as she laid her head on top of his chest while Granger wrapped his arms around her.

"Yeah, I'm okay." He whispered to her reassuringly.

Guinevere couldn't stop the tears from falling. She was beyond relieved and happy to see him awake and well again. Granger noticed her soft sniffles which made him sigh. She's always been so soft. She might act all tough but he can see right through all that.

With all the strength he could muster, he pulled her into the bed and let her lay down on the space next to him earning him a gasp from the still weeping princess.

"I hope you didn't cry your eyes out while I was sleeping." He told her as he laid on his side to face her.

Guinevere wiped her eyes hastily in an attempt to hide the tears from him but she knew that he saw them already, "I didn't."

Granger smiled and nodded, "Good."

"Next time, don't take the hits that was meant for me so I won't worry so much." Guinevere told him accusingly.

"I'm not gonna promise." He told her as he gently pulled her closer to him, making her blush and speechless.

Did he have any idea what his actions right now was doing to her? Did he even have a hint on his effect on her?

Granger raised a brow at her silence which made her avert her eyes. She hated how she didn't even protest from him pulling her closer.

"Now tell me, why do it?" She whispered to him.

Granger took in a deep breath and looked her straight in the eyes. Guinevere could feel her heart beating so hard against her chest and she prayed that he wouldn't notice.

Her cheeks burned when his eyes then glanced down to her lips as he slowly leaned closer to her.

Her eyes were wide in awe the moment their lips touched. Granger placed his hand on her cheek gently as he savored how soft her lips was against his just like he imagined they would be.

Guinevere then closed her eyes and kissed him back, her hands gripping on to the front of his shirt causing him to smile against her lips.

After a few more seconds, Granger pulled away from the kiss and looked her in the eyes.

"You're all I have left."

Guinevere was speechless, her cheeks red and her lips parted in awe. Did they really just kiss? Was she just dreaming all this?

Granger smiled and rested his forehead against hers, "And I'd gladly do it again just to keep you safe."

Guinevere blinked and looked up at him only to see his eyes closed.

"What was that kiss for?" Guinevere asked him to which he only hummed as a response.

"I need you to say it, please." She whispered to him.

Granger then opened his eyes and remembered what Silvanna told him that he needed to tell her how he felt eventually. This was the right time and he couldn't deny Guinevere any longer.

He smiled, "I love you, Guinevere Baroque. I have for a long time."

Guinevere smiled widely at this and couldn't stop herself from leaning towards him to kiss him again, with so much passion that Granger was taken aback for a while but responded to her quickly.

He let out a small groan when she pulled away which made her chuckle, "I love you too, Granger."

~•°•~

Lancelot, Odette, and Gusion immediately visited Granger once the servants alerted them about him gaining consciousness.

They went in on Guinevere feeding Granger a bowl of soup which made Gusion tease them. Granger was unbothered while Guinevere couldn't help but turn a bit red.

"I kinda envy you now, Granger. My sister never fed me with a bowl of soup when I was sick." Lancelot said which made Granger chuckle and Guinevere roll her eyes.

"Shut up, Lancelot."

"I am so glad you're okay, Granger!" Odette said with a smile.

Granger smiled back at her and nodded, "Thank you, Your Highness."

"Thank you, Granger. For saving my sister." Lancelot said sincerely that Guinevere looked between the two.

Granger nodded, "My pleasure."

Gusion then cleared his throat, "So? Are you two...?"

Lancelot raised a brow, "I hope you didn't blow your chance, Granger."

Granger smirked at the two, "Of course I didn't."

Guinevere frowned in confusion while Odette and the others grinned from ear to ear.

"You're finally together!" Odette announced happily which made Guinevere's eyes widen.

"What?" She asked.

Everyone, including Granger, turned to her in surprise.

"Well...aren't you?" Odette asked in confusion.

Guinevere turned to Granger sassily, "You only said you love me but you didn't even court me yet! You're not having me that easily."

Lancelot laughed while Gusion chuckled in amusement. Granger let out a sigh while Odette giggled.

"There's the Guinevere I know!" Lancelot said.

"My apologies. I assumed so boldly. Of course I will court you and ask for your Father's blessing." Granger said.

Guinevere smiled and nodded, "Good call."

She then proceeded to feeding him the remaining soup.

Granger continued to rest until he regained his full strength with Guinevere right by his side. King Alfred visited him and thanked him for saving his daughter and immediately granted him his blessing when Granger asked for it.

Guinevere was beyond happy that day. Everything was well.