XXVI

After a few minutes of Alucard interrogating the two of how they became friends, he finally got tired and decided he head back ahead of them. Granger let out a sigh of relief and eagerly waved at him goodbye.

Alucard smirked and gave Guinevere a knowing look before waving at her. Guinevere watched him go before following Granger.

"He's so loquacious, isn't he?" Guinevere giggled once she managed to catch up to him.

"He drives me mad at times." He replied which only made Guinevere laugh.

"I can tell."

Granger smiled to himself, shaking his head. The two walked aimlessly until Guinevere saw something from the corner of her eye. It was a beautiful hair clip with a shape of a butterfly.

She stopped in her tracks and stared at the hair piece. Its wings were made of gold and a purple gem was the butterfly's body. It was stunning.

It took a while for Granger to notice that Guinevere was no longer following behind him and there was a few seconds of panic before he saw her standing in front of a stall a few meters from him. He sighed and walked over to her.

"You should really give me a heads up before you stop at a stall." Granger commented, breaking her out of her trance.

"Oh I'm sorry, I was just admiring this." Guinevere replied as she pointed to the hair clip.

Granger looked at it and instantly agreed with her. It really was worth admiring. He cleared his throat and looked at the woman standing right in front of them. Guinevere was a bit shocked to only realize that. Perhaps she was too focused on the item to even notice her.

"How much is it?" Granger asked her.

"What?" Guinevere looked at her companion in disbelief.

"That would be sixty gold coins, sir." The woman replied with a polite smile.

Guinevere's eyes widened. It sure wasn't cheap. She thought it would only be worth twenty silver coins at least.

Granger nodded and reached into his pockets making Guinevere panic.

"W-what are you doing?"

Granger raised a brow at her and handed the amount to the woman before the woman handed him the butterfly hair clip.

"Buying this? Here you go." He replied and casually handed the clip to her.

Guinevere stared at him for a while before she accepted it, touching the purple gem delicately. It really was beautiful.

"Thank you. Really." She breathed out before she smiled at him.

Granger gave her a nod in reply before he cleared his throat and looked around the town.

"How about we head back now? Perhaps you should start training." He suggested.

Guinevere nodded in agreement. She didn't know what time it was but she was sure Gusion and Harith must be done sparring now. Harith was actually looking forward to having a magic duel with her.

The two then made their way back to the castle.

~•°•~

Lancelot raised a brow when he saw his sister and Granger enter the castle. His eyes landed on the basket of flowers in Granger's hand and the hair clip in Guinevere's.

"You both enjoyed yourselves?" He inquired.

Guinevere chuckled while Granger kept quiet as usual, only giving Lancelot a serious look.

"The town was wonderful, brother. I wish you could've joined us." Guinevere replied, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Lancelot smiled briefly, "Glad to see you all happy. What you got there?"

He pointed at the butterfly hair clip in her hands and Guinevere smiled, turning back to Granger for a bit before looking back to her brother.

"Granger bought it for me."

Lancelot raised a brow at this before he looked at the basket of flowers, "those as well? Are you courting my sister?"

Guinevere stiffened while Granger kept a straight face. Lancelot looked him dead in the eyes while Guinevere held to her hair clip firmly, not liking the awkward situation.

"No." Granger replied.

Guinevere felt her heart drop that she cleared her throat and looked at the item in her hands.

"Not yet, anyway. Would it be a problem?" Granger added.

Lancelot blinked and Guinevere's eyes widened in surprise before she raised her head to look at Granger who glanced at her for a bit before looking back to Lancelot.

Lancelot smirked before looking to Guinevere but she was staring at Granger to even notice.

"I don't think it will be a problem. Glad you're getting along again." Lancelot replied.

Guinevere blinked and looked to her brother who smiled widely back at her.

"Get ready now, Silvanna has something to announce in a few minutes." Lancelot said.

"What about training?" Guinevere sputtered when she found her voice again.

"Training's been cancelled for the day. I'll see you in the throneroom." Lancelot said before walking off.

Guinevere watched him go before she looked to Granger.

He cleared his throat before he handed the basket of flowers to her, "I really think you should keep these."