Why would he be jealous?

Avni Malhotra

Why can't I sleep?

I was just tossing & turning on the bed and thinking about what Veer said.
We can't go back to what we were!

Why can't he understand?

I will fall deeper if again we go back to what we were. And I don't want that.
The last thing i want is my feelings again taking it's pace again for Veer.

Just sleep!

I groaned and tried to shake my thoughts off and sleep.
.
.
.
  We all were having our lunch in a nearby restaurant. And I was absolutely charged up.
"Why are you glaring at everyone coming your way Avni?" Tanu asked raising her brows.

"Ughh... Don't get me started. We've been in a meeting since 5 hours. Can you believe it? 5 freaking hours! And this dumbass brother of yours did not even let me finish my breakfast today morning and dragged me all the way to the office!"I said glaring at Veer who was sitting beside me.

"Working with him is always like this!" Mihir whined.

"Ohh.. yeah.. might as well resign from your post mihir." He said to Mihir shrugging.
"And I was there in the same meeting Avni, I am not complaining!" He said again shrugging.

"Ohhh please spare me for being a human which you are not! You work like the world is going to end if you don't earn a few millions!" I retorted looking at him.

"Guyss.... stop fighting.okay! The food will be here Avni calm down." Raghav piped in.

And then a song started playing

Rokun
Jitna
Utni Bagawat Ho
Lagta Hai Aisa
Hal - E - Dil Ki Tum Zaroorat Ho...

And as Tanu heard the last line she started laughing & said
"Yesterday I went on a date with a guy I found super cute. We've been talking since a week maybe and when yesterday the same song started playing he said that it matches his situation and that I have become a necessity to him." She said and clutched her stomach laughing.

Everyone started laughing except for Raghav he started scowling.

What's wrong with him?

"Gosh! Tanya stop doing these random date things. The only zaroorat his dil has is a quick fuck!" I said to her sternly.

She is doing it a lot lately. Because she wants to find her the one!

"Ohh come on... As if you won't get flattered if someone says that to you!" Mihir said wiggling his brows.

"If someone says that line to her she would say the only zaroorat my dil has is burgers , choclates & ice cream. So now you can fuck off!" Veer said laughing.

I too laughed at this. He is right though. I have never in my life lead on a guy flirting with me.

"Damn right, Veer!" Adnya said laughing.

"You've never been on a date?" Raghav asked perplexed.

"No... actually no one asked me out." I said and shrugged.

"I don't believe it!" Mihir said gasping.

"What? When I used to be in mumbai this asshole here used to shoo away any guy wanting to advance towards me." I gestured at Veer.

"And after he left I mastered the art of shooing away guys." I said.

"You don't even know her art Raghav. You know some months ago there was this guy hitting on her. It was from your office only." Tanu said and was adnya started laughing hysterically.
"I remember that. I witnessed it!"

"No no not that! That's embarresing." I said palming my face.

"The guy was in the elevator with her and complimented her about being beautiful. She accidently spat the coffee she was drinking on his shirt and then when he said it was okay maybe you made a mistake. She said oh no no I just wanted to end the conversation." Tanu
said mimicking our conversation.

I saw everyone clutching their stomach while laughing.
"That is the reason no one asked her out! Because she does things like this on a single compliment!" Adnya said shaking her head disapprovingly.

"What? He just wanted to get in my pants! There is diffrence between guys liking you seriously and guys trying to get into your pants. I never got one who would take real interest in me." I said shrugging.

"Who was the guy? Doesn't he know office affairs aren't allowed." Veer said with clenched jaw and furious eyes.

Is he for real?

"Why are you jealous?" Mihir asked with a sly smile.

"Shut up, Mihir." He growled.

Why would he be jealous?

"Are you telling me who was it?" He asked glaring at me.

"Calm down Mr-Always-Angry. He just complimented me. You are behaving as if we were dating , and your office rules are broken." I said rolling my eyes at him.

"Whatever!" He said.

I was working in my cabin when Veer called me and said he needed some printouts.
I was printed the documents he needed and went towards his cabin and knocked on it.

"Come In." I heard him say.

I entered and kept the printouts on his desk and was turning around when he asked me "We did not complete our conversation yesterday."

"Because there is nothing to talk about. You wanted to leave, you left. Now when I am saying that we can't go back to what we were then just get it through your thick skull that we can't!" I said glaring at him and keeping my hands on his desk.

He got up from his chair and came towards me and stood beside me.
"Why??" He asked trying to intimidate me.
I just moved my gaze away from him and said "Because if we do.. I'll be in trouble. Deep deep trouble." I muttered.

"I heard that!" He said making me look at him by holding my chin.

"See...Mr. Singhania. I can't go back. You are no more my Veer who can roam around and do stupid stuff with me. I can see it. You've changed soo much. You smile less, the only thing you love to do is work." I said hoping he would stop pestering me.

"If you won't stop with this topic I am moving out of your house. I told we can behave like normal civil people knowing each other and be friends but we can't go back!" I said looking straight into his eyes.

"Okay fine! But you are not moving out and also you will work for me too!" He said and smirked.

"But I can't manage both!" I said stomping.

"Stop acting like a brat and start with work." He said still smirking.

"Brooding Tyrant!" I muttered.
He just winked at me and I left his cabin stomping.

I went to the parking lot and suddenly someone pulled me and kept a hand on mouth from behind and dragged me to a corner. I was struggling to get out his hold and.

"I told you to come to me willingly but you didn't now I am going to take you. You like it or not!" He said. He is the same creepy person. The drug dealer's son.

"And why did you have to come in between when we had to shoot that Singhania?" He asked. All this while I was just trying to struggle out of his hold. Then something hit my head and darkness took over me.