Thanks Dad!

Veer Singhania

I woke up to someone knocking on my door.
I just groaned in my sleep.
Today was the holi party and I very well know why are these people knocking my door.
I never play holi. I don't know why, i am just not too fond of the colours and water drenching thing.

I heard another knock and now Ruhi said
"V....! Everyone is troubling me. Come out please!"

I rolled my eyes at her. She is such a drama queen i tell you. She must be troubling everyone and not the other way round.

"V...V...V...!" She started banging the door with this.

Arrggghhhh!

I opened the door and came face to face a very smiling Avni holding Ruhi in her arms.
"See I told you, Irritating him always works!" Avni said and high fived Ruhi.

My life is filled with troublemakers!

"If you both are here to take me down to play holi then let me tell you, I AM NOT GOING TO COME THERE!" I said emphasizing on each word.

"Veer! Come on. Don't be a spoil sport. It is my last day here today. I want you to come down. Please." Avni said looking at me with those puppy eyes.

God!
She knows my weaknesses too damn well!

"Pretty please!" Ruhi said giving me the same puppy eyes.

They both are so similar!
My troublemakers!

"On one condition!" I said looking at them with a very stern face. And I very  well know they both are the last people on the whole planet to fear me.

But one can try, right?

They both grinned from ear to ear.

"Ohhh.. Don't be soo happy. I'll come only if you guys promise me that no one is going to put water on me down there." I said.

Avni just rolled her eyes at me.
"V...! You are my favourite. You know that right? Can't you do this for me? I want to play with you." Ruhi said with a very sad face pouting.

And let me tell you one thing, if you guys think that she is really sad then she is not she is emotional blackmailing me!

And who has taught her all this?

Ofcourse, Avni!

I glared at Avni and she just gave me sheepish smile because she knew why was I glaring at her.

"Please! I don't know when will be the next time I will get to spend time with the whole family together." Now Avni said pouting.

God!
These drama queens!

"Fine! But not for much time." I said looking at them and the smile that broke on their both faces was priceless!

I can do anything to see that smile!

"We'll head towards the lawn. Aunty needs my help with the preprations. Don't be late." Avni said and went with Ruhi smiling.

Just a month and every one in this house is got habituated to Avni.

It is not just me!

Mom, Dad, Tanu, Ruhi.
Everyone is going to miss her after today.

I sighed and went to do my morning business.

I went in the lawn where Mom & Avni arranging all the things.
And Tanu was busy with Ruhi.
As usual Dad was leisurely sitting on one of the sofa's in the lawn with his shades on.