Is he stupid?

Avni Malhotra

Ding
Dong
I was having my green tea when the door bell rang.

I opened the door and saw Keerthi standing over there. I smiled at her.
"Good Morning." I said to her.

"Good morning. I needed a favour from you." She said getting inside with Ruhan. Her son.
"Oh Don't worry. I would drop him at his school."
Keerthi is my neighbour & a single mother. So whenever she needs help with Ruhan I help her. She kept his school bag and other belongings on my sofa.

"Should I pick him up?" I asked her tidying up my living room.
"No..No! I'll be done with the meeting by then. I'll pick him up." She said and kissed Ruhan's cheeks.

She waved us byee and left.
"Ruhan... What would you like to eat?" I asked him.
"I had my breakfast Avi." He said and switched on the TV.

I just smiled at him. He thinks that it takes a lot of effort to pronounce Avni so he calls me Avi instead.

He is used to my house so he feels comfortable here. When keerthi gets late from work, He stays with me. I actually enjoy his company. He is very naughty.

I went to my room and started getting ready. I wore a baby blue jumpsuit. I work in Singhania & Co. I work as the personal assistant for the C.E.O of Singhani & Co.

Singhania

This surname brings a lot of memories to me.
I couldn't even see him for the last time. Moreover he didn't meet me even before leaving for his hometown.

Don't go there!

I just shook my thoughts away.
I went to the living room and asked if Ruhan was ready to go.

He just picked his bag and held my hand "let's go."
I stepped out and locked the apartment.

Yeah It was an Apartment. I don't have a home because we need people to make an Apartment a home which I don't have.

The only people who I have is Tanvi & Adnya. Adnya works in the same office with me and Tanvi is Mr.Singhania's Sister.

Gosh I don't even know his actual name!

I started my car and kept Ruhan's school bag on the back seat.

"You know Avi...The girl you were talking to yesterday she never talks to anyone. How did she talk to you?" He asked pouting.

I just laughed at him.
"Maybe because she liked me."
I said smiling at the memory of the little girl.

"Do you want to be friends with her?" I asked him wiggling my eyebrows and he was blushing.

Ohh God! Blushing!

I laughed.
"Don't tease me. I tried to talk to her. She doesn't talk to anybody" he said again pouting.

We reached the school by then. I got down and got his bag from the back seat. I picked him up from his seat and kissed his cheek.

I kept him down and gave him his bagpack.

"Do not do any mischiefs today Ruhan." I said fake glaring at him and waved him bye.

He just laughed and said "Bye.. Bye Avi." and waved at me. I smiled at him and got back at my car.
.
.
.
I reached the office and started making coffee for my boss. I've been working here for past 6 months. Though I shifted in Goa 2 years ago because i got a better job here but then the previous company was bought by Mr. Singhania the owner of this whole company and then even the employees were given jobs here.