Ciel Ending

There will be a time skip for this ending.

Four years later:

"Happy Birthday Ciel!"

Bemusedly, you watched from the side of the bed as the person underneath the sheets shifted and soon the blankets were pulled down, revealing the young adult male who had been beneath them. Exhausted eyes, one blue and the other purple in color that had a symbol inside, tiredly pulled from the pillow to where you stood and seeing that they were focused, you gave the young male a smile.

"Happy birthday! You're finally eighteen Ciel!" You chorused, watching in amusement as the earl groaned before turning on his side and pulling the covers back over his head. Amusedly, you chuckled at this, leaning forward to grab onto the sheets and pull them back down to show the young adult who groaned once again and covered his face with his bare arms.

"Can't you let me sleep," he muttered, exhaustion heavy in his voice and you could only watch the boy in amusement from where you stood at the bedside. "Why must you wake me up today of all days?" Ciel shifted once again, pulling his arms down so that his face was on full display and ever so slowly, his eyelids rose to display the blue and purple color of his eyes once again. His eyes focused onto you, gazing up from where he laid sideways on his bed.

"Come on Ciel. It's your birthday and you're finally eighteen. Shouldn't you be more excited because of that?" You bemusedly asked, leaning forward so that you were closer to where the earl laid. He continued to stare up from where he laid beneath you, the hints of amusement swirling in those tired eyes of his. A small smile grew on Ciel's face, the male shifting so that he could sit up from where he laid, the covers shifting to fall lower on his figure.

You shifted back as he sat up, but remained near the bed watching as he rested against the headboard. Tiredly he reached up to brush away the strands of hair that hung over his eyes, the earl having let his hair grow out over the years. The earl had matured so much over the past four years; no longer was he the skinny boy that you once knew, he had grown to become a respectable young adult.

"Why should I be happy just because its my birthday?"

One would assume that he was being brusque and nonchalant in his reply, but for you, you could hear the slight amusement that hung in his tone and you gave him another smile, reaching over to ruffle his hair.

"Hmm, because you're now an adult and you're still here with us. Not to mention as adult, you can do all kinds of stuff," you reasoned, bemusedly smiling down at the young adult as you continued to ruffled his hair.

"Enough with that." Ciel caught your hand by grasping onto your wrist, preventing you from disheveling it up even more and you simply smiled down at him playfully. There was humorous smile on the earl's face as he stared up, your faces just mere inches apart. There was an indistinguishable expression in his eyes as he stared into your own, but he soon pushed away your hand and looked away for a moment.

"For an adult you still act like a child," he huffed, acting as if he was exasperated with your actions, but a smile coated his lips. He shifted in the bed, the covers sliding further down his lean figure as he moved closer to the side of the bed and you backed up to give him room to do so. "Besides, I was already taking care of adult matters when I was fourteen."

"True, but it's not like you could drink alcohol then," you light bantered, earning a chuckle from the earl.

"I think I'll stick with Earl Grey," Ciel humorously replied, sweeping his feet out from underneath the covers and stood up from the bed. This time you had to look up at him, the earl having gotten taller throughout the years something that always reminded you that the earl had significantly aged throughout your time living here at the Phantomhive Manor.