Her Acquaintance, History

"Good morning!" You chorused with the other servants, watching as Ciel headed down the stairs of the foyer with Sebastian at his side, a frown present on his face as he passed the five of you and he made his way towards the dining room.

"Good morning," he coolly said and you silently watched him pass with a frown on your face, sensing that something was off with the earl. You bit your bottom lip worried, watching as he headed to the dining room, Sebastian closing the door behind the two of them.

"He must be feeling down," Bard stated as they watched as Ciel pass and Finny and Mey-Rin nodded their heads in agreement as they gazed worriedly after the young earl. You agreed with his statement, knowing that Ciel was acting different from how he usually did and you wondered if the events from the other day was the cause to everything.

"How can you be so certain about that Baldroy?" Tanaka was in his normal form, having had been standing besides the four of you when you had greeted Ciel for the morning.

Baldroy suddenly shifted to peer around Mey-Rin's figure at Tanaka, his sudden action surprising her, but she turned to look at Tanaka as well. "Well he may look the same to an outsider, but his servants can see the difference clear as day." Mey-Rin and Finny firmly nodded their head, agreeing with his words. "So we just have to do our best to bring the young master's spirits a boost! We're going to throw him a party!" He declared happily, the others ecstatic at his declaration.

"Equanimity." That was the sole thing Tanaka said before he reverted back into his chibi form and you could only glance exasperated, but bemusedly as the servants attempted to figure out what the word meant. Tanaka couldn't answer as he was in his chibi form, leaving the others puzzled.

"I think Tanaka means that in order to keep the earl relaxed we should do all that we can to keep things normal here in the manor," Finny chimed in, the others agreeing with his statement while Tanaka sat on a small mat sipping on green tea.

"I think we can do that!" Mey-Rin happily exclaimed. "I'll polish the railings till they're all clean, yes I will!"

"And I think I can pull out a few of me secret recipes," Bard said thoughtfully, a cigarette held in his mouth.

"I'll make sure all the trees on the ground are healthy as they can be!" Finny merrily added in, raising his hands up happily at the fact that they were able to help Ciel.

"Maybe I should go and see how he's doing?" You muttered thoughtfully, your gaze remaining on the closed door of the dining room, wanting to go in and see how Ciel was doing yourself. Sure the servants ideas were just as thoughtful in helping Ciel, but you rather talk to him instead of doing duties that could possibly help him.

"You're going to help me do the railings!" Mey-Rin declared, grabbing onto your wrist to your surprise and dragging you down the foyer with the rest of the excited servants, bringing you further from the dining room and further from Ciel.

"Wait! What?!" You could barely protest as Mey-Rin dragged you down the hallway and could only sigh knowing that you weren't going to be able to escape from her anytime soon. Knowing that it was fruitless to leave and feeling bad if you did, you decided to help Mey-Rin, especially after seeing how ecstatic she was to help Ciel.

By now the two of you had split up with the others, Finny heading outside to where Pluto was so he could go tend to the the acres, while Bard had left towards the kitchen to cook. Although you knew that they were planning on helping around the manor, you couldn't help but feel worried that things were going to go wrong like they always did. Well, you could only put your faith in the servants that they would manage to get their duties done right.