"The two of them left this morning," Mey-Rin answered with a small nod of her head watching while you continued to ponder the fact that Ciel had left you at the manor with the others. "From what he said it sounds like the two of them will be back next week."

"Huh, well at least we have the day off." Coming back from the surprise, you gave Mey-Rin a smile as you stretched once again from where you stood. "It's been a while since we've had a break so this will be nice. Wait, you could have just let me sleep in," you proclaimed, turning to give Mey-Rin a sharp look, one that didn't faze her as she lightly laughed.

"I did," she said gesturing to the clock that rested on the nightstand next to your bed and you turned to gaze at it only to become sheepish upon reading that it was 10:24.

"Oh."

Mey-Rin simply laughed at this, giving you a small smile before gesturing for you to follow and seeing that there was nothing left in the room, you followed her as she opened it and together, the two of you headed out into hallway and you closed the door behind.

"Where Tanaka and the others?"

You curiously asked her as the two of you began walking down the hallway, there seeming to be no specific location that the two of you were heading to. It seemed to be a relatively peaceful day so far. None of the usual hectic nature was happening and you figured that things would be calm, something that you were looking forward to as it was different from the chaotic events that had happened just a few months.

"Tanaka's left the manor for a few hours. He said that he had to buy a few things at a nearby store," she explained as the two of you walked down the hallway, heading past Ciel's study room which was clearly empty for the day. "Finny and Baldroy are somewhere around here in the manor. We were actually planning on having a picnic today. Like the one we had all those months ago."

"A picnic? That sounds really nice actually."

"Exactly! And its such a nice weather out!" Mey-Rin lightly laughed at this, a small smile tugging at her lips as she slightly turned her head to look at you. "We still have to make the sandwiches though and gather the blankets and basket."

"I don't mind helping you with that," you stated, seeing that there would be no harm in doing so especially as there wasn't anything else to do for the day now that there were no duties to do. It would help to keep you busy and you found it fun being able to spend time with the clumsy maid. "I've learned a few recipes from Soma too. I'll have you and the others dying for the spices that I'll be putting in them," you humored with a light laugh remembering the time Soma had come over and the two of you had made sandwiches together.

Mey-Rin simply laughed. "I'll be looking forward to it."

Footsteps soon sounded from down the hallway, coming closer with each passing second and the two of you could only give each other a glance curious as to who it was. With what Mey-Rin had said earlier, it was certain that it was either Finny or Baldroy and you couldn't help but hope that it was the first person that had crossed your mind.

"(Y/N)!"

The enthusiastic call of your name confirmed that it was Finny and you watched as the gardener came from around the corner, Bard accompanying the younger boy.

"Good morning!" You cheerfully greeted the two of them as they came to a stop in front of Mey-Rin and you; a surprise look was on Bard's face clearly not having expected to run into the two of you anytime soon. Just like Mey-Rin, the two of them wore casual clothes, Bard having chosen to wear a white shirt with brown pants while Finny was wearing a cream top with brown shorts. It was clear that they had know that all of you had the day off, clearly having heard it from either Sebastian or Ciel.