= Chapter 23 = (Pt. 1)

Aspen awoke to the calming sound of the Black Lake's waves crashing against the side of the castle. The air was cold and crisp, making her not want to crawl out from under the soft and warm duvet.

"1, 2, 3." She counted herself out of bed as she slid into the fuzzy grey boot slippers at the foot of her bed.

Everyone was gone from the common room, probably off to spend time with their loved ones - it was Valentine's Day after all - and the worst thing was that she didn't have anyone to share it with.

Aspen sighed as she looked over at the clock, which read 8:00 AM. Not bad. But the thing that caught her eye was a bright red box of chocolates sitting on her nightstand. She eyed them cautiously, as if she expected them to be laced with a love potion as she picked up the yellowed piece of parchment attached.

Happy Valentine's Day. You are so special and admirable. Hope your day is great.

Love, A Secret Someone

"Who'd want to send me a box of chocolates - and a note?" She mumbled under her breath, opening the box and popping one of the chocolate and caramel truffles into her mouth.

---------------

"Hey Cedric." Lillian smiled, walking towards Cedric to embrace him.

"Hi Lilli." He replied, returning her hug.

"Hey... I just wanted to ask if you'd go down to Hogsmeade with me later. I've got some homework to catch up on, but I can meet you after that." Cedric offered lovingly.

"Of course! See you then!" Lillian waved as he walked off.

"Awww, how sweet. The two lovebirds are going on a field trip." Ember sneered from the shadows, accompanied by Pansy.

"Oh shove off, McClain." Lillian rolled her eyes, obviously annoyed.

"No really. Why a Hufflepuff? Aren't they... you know - weak?" Pansy pushed.

"Stronger than you, at least." Lillian walked away, but the two girls gave chase.

"You know, you're a pretty awesome Slytherin, Rose. You shouldn't be hanging out with Huffleproblem." Ember winked, walking off side by side with Pansy.

---------------

"We'll just take the pancake meal, please." Harry said kindly, ordering a delicious meal for him and Dove.

"Drinks?" The lady asked.

"Uhm, just butterbeer, please." Dove giggled, eyeing the raging snowstorm outside.

"Quite the storm, eh?" Harry chuckled.

"Yeah. It's really blowing. A good thing we got here when we did also." Dove frowned as she thought longer of the storm. "Harry... what if it doesn't stop?"

"It will... I hope."

---------------

Cedric opened the tavern door, still in his warm, fuzzy Christmas pajamas that Lillian had given to him for Christmas. Lillian came in after him, her hair a bit shaken from the wind outside.

"Man, that snowstorm is no joke." Cedric chuckled as Lillian nodded, freezing.

"Y-Y-Yeah. W-Will it st-st-stop?" Lillian asked through chattering teeth as Cedric pulled her close.