|:| The Yule Ball |:| = Chapter 17 =

The night went seemingly well - even though it rushed by quickly - almost too quickly. Dove watched the rest of her classmates and older friends dance to the annoying rock music being played as she sat at the bar along with Harry, head resting on his shoulder. 

"This would be nice... if there wasn't hard rock being played in my ear." Dove sighed, giggling lightly.

"Agreed." Harry responded, who was obviously bothered by the muggle music.

"Why don't we just go chill in the common room? Maybe even steal some of the punch." Dove offered as Harry nodded.

"Yeah... I'd like that."

---------------

Honestly... he didn't even know what this music was. Aspen seemed unbothered by the peculiar music played by the band. Draco chuckled, watching as she giggled and danced rather bizarrely to the annoyance of music. He cocked his head, attempting to mimic her dance moves, but ended up failing miserably.

"See - you're getting the hang of it!" Aspen laughed as Draco began to dance funkily.

"This is... quite different." He chuckled.

"It's music from the muggle world." She started giggling again as she stopped dancing, dragging him out of the crowd to the bar.

"Well then the muggle world has quite the peculiar taste in music." He crinkled his nose, causing Aspen to stifle another giggle. "Hey, do you want to go back to my dorm?"

"And do what?" Aspen giggled, stopping her motions to lean up and entwine her fingers in his pale blonde hair.

"You'll see when we get there." He smirked mischievously, grasping her by the hand and pulling her out of the room.

---------------

Lillian's beautiful baby blue dress swept around her feet as she danced, her movements synchronized with Cedric's. Eventually, the crown died down, as did the music, retaining at a slow yet blissful melody as she laid her head on Cedric's chest. He smiled down at her, eyes full of happiness and love.

"I love you, you know?" He purred.

"I do - you've only told me about a million times - but I love you too." She smiled back, reaching up on her tippy toes to kiss him passionately. 

She leaned herself on his strong body for support as the kiss deepened, their lips melting together like two halves of a locket - destined to be together.

---------------

Ember bit her lip as she desperately tried to keep up with Pansy's quick movements. She had to admit - it was enjoyable. But the problem: she couldn't keep her eyes off of Pansy. She wore a sleeveless, strait silver dress that displayed the majority of her back.

"What?" Pansy asked, raising a brow when she caught Ember staring.

"I- Nothing." She snapped back, her lips tugging into the slightest smile as they continued dancing.

Pansy's hand rested at Ember's waist as her's remained at Pansy's shoulder. Ember began to blush - but quickly hid it by jerking out of the stance.

"I've just g-g-got to g-go get some w-water. Uhm... see ya." She said frantically before racing off, resting at the bar. 

"The bloody hell is wrong with me!?"

---------------

"Ron - I need to talk to you." Mya declared bravely, even though the tears were slowly welling up in her eyes.

He looked confused, but nodded. "Alone."

"Yes Mya? What is it?" He asked once they were in the hallway beside the Great Hall, not wanting their future drama to ruin the ball.

"I - I think w-we should b-reak up." She stammered, her jaw quivering uncontrollably.

"I- Wait what?" He asked, confused by her sudden statement.

"I mean - you obviously like Hermione and we have recently been growing apart. I have my studies to worry about and you're off worrying if Harry's going to have his head taken off in the next task." She said sadly. "I just think the title 'friends' would go better. Now excuse me."

Mya sprinted off towards the Ravenclaw common room, sad and alone. It had been obvious - Ron had the hots for Hermione and was overly jealous of Viktor - but all this was over now...

---------------

Dove plopped down on the couch next to Harry, no longer in her flowery, blue dress, but in a red Gryffindor top and black basketball shorts. The flames flickered, illuminating only a smidge of light for Harry and Dove to see as they entangled themselves in each other's arms.

"I love you." Dove blushed at the words, only responding with a quick, "I love you too."

"So... what do you think of the punch?" He asked, attempting to change the subject.

"It's good - maybe a little too sweet for my taste though." Dove giggled.

"Yeah... anyways - I have something to give you." Harry finally blurted out, grabbing a fine leather pouch out of the pocket of his jeans, in which he'd already changed out of his dress robes.

He pulled the leather strap back to reveal a fancy gold bracelet with engraved rubies and a Gryffindor lion charm hanging from the side.

"Wow... Harry it's beautiful." She gasped, blushing as he slid it on her arm.

"Yeah. I thought you'd like it."

---------------

Aspen yawned, collapsing on the soft, cushiony bed. It was a loooooong night. She looked up as Lillian entered the room, attempting to be as silent as possible.

"Long night, eh?" Aspen giggled, her face still soaked from washing her makeup and hair.

"Very." Lillian sighed, sitting down beside Aspen on her bed.

"So how did your night with Cedric go?" She taunted as Lillian blushed.

"I'll tell you as long as you tell me about you and Draco." Lillian sneered back, Aspen attempting to mimic her sneer as she giggled.

"I think I'll save it for tomorrow." Aspen sighed, running her finger along the side of her neck.

"As will I." Lillian giggled back crawling into her own bed and sighed. "Tomorrow's Christmas after all."