IX: BOOK (2)

Marinette looked at her father get swept away by this bird sort of beast. Tears began to fall but she wiped them away.

Damian looked up at the girl as her father was taken back home by Alfred his horse.

As Damian entered he saw Tim, "You know if she's going to stay here might as well give her a room instead of letting her stay up there." Damian rolled his eyes but went and ordered  a few cleaners to fix up a room.

By the end of the day Mari felt lonely. She hadn't really want to stay but she couldn't let her father suffer.
Her door opened revealing the beast that held her here.
"Follow me." He said.
"Why?" She questioned.
"Would you rather stay here?" He retorted.
"Well no bu-" she didn't get to finish when he interupted saying, "Then just Follow me."

She did as she was told. She was hesitant at first but decided it wouldn't be best to anger him.

Grayson was in Damian's hand as Damian led Marinette to her quarters.

"Pst lil'D ask her what's her name." Dick whispered.
"Tt" Damian replied but did as he was told.
"May I ask what your name is?" He politely said.
'Why the sudden change of character?' Mari thought but answered him. "Marinette, and you?"
"That is none of your concern." He said but Dick gave him a look "😑".
"But if you must know, I'm Damian." He said a little annoyed with Grayson.
"I hope you will be able to adapt here since you will be staying here. You are free to roam but there is one place where you are forbidden, the west wing." Damian stated.
"Why? What's in the wes-" Mari was asking.
"It is forbidden! Understood?" Damian roared.
"Understood..." Mari replied softly, refusing to let her tears fall.

As they got to the room Marinette looked at Damian. "Thank you."

Damian wanted to smile but scowled instead and said. "You will be joining me for dinner, no questions asked." He said leaving the poor girl in the room.

Dinner was being prepared, Damian was thinking in the west wing of the palace. He had never saw someone so beautiful, so kind. He thought "How could she ever fall for a beast like me..."

Jason knocked on the door of Mari's room.
"Ehem Mademoiselle dinner is ready."

Mari had been crying missing her parents, she was worried for her father's health. She slightly nodded. She wanted to decline and say that she wasn't hungry but she didn't want to disrespect her captor.

She went down, head bowed.

Damian was awaiting the girl, 'what is taking her so long?' He thought.
"Calm down Damian, surely the girl will be come, afterall you'd been rude to her, the poor girl must be scared of you." Bruce said from the shadows.

"Forgive me Father, its just I've never really interacted with anyone. I do wish for this curse to be lifted but I don't even know how to treat her kindly. She's humble, kind, caring, and beautiful, she's really a light. I- How do I make her see pass this scary dark demeanor of mine," Damian replied honestly.

"First off be gentle with her, she is a human being son she has feelings too. Second do be a gentleman, your mother did teach you manners am I not correct? Use them." Bruce commented.

"Oh maybe try not to kill her." Dick said by the sidelines earning a cold glare from Damian.

The door was opened revealing Marinette.
"Good evening Damian." She said head still down.

"Evening please go ahead and take a seat."
Damian said.

While they were eating Marinette kept glancing at Damian. He had noticed this and was beggining to get annoyed.