XXI: DARKNESS

To say that Mari was depressed was an understatement.

After the Final Battle and having to deal with betrayal not only from her ex friends in the class, her parents and most of all her own partner. Chat Noir.

She hadn't expected it. His obssession with Ladybug got worse.

She had a back up though. She had a team with her, Chloe, Luka and Kagami worked well with her.

At the Final Battle what she saw before her was utter chaos. She saw people die. She saw her friends bleed. They fought for what seemed like hours but in reality were days... weeks... months... years even. When they had defeated Hawkmoth only Ladybug was left standing.

Once she cast her miraculous cure she left letters to her friends and the people who cared about her. Then since nothing was now tying her to Paris she fled with the miraculous box.

She found herself in Gotham, a dark, mysterious, yet intriguing place.

As Guardian she can free the Kwamis and let them roam and care for the world. Afterall they are Gods right? Tikki and Plagg though decided to stay with her.

The three lived amongst people they do not know and were okay with that.

At night as Mari sleeps she sees the horror the Final Battle caused. Plagg and Tikki always hears her screams and are devastated that the girl had to go through that.

They would wake her up and comfort her the best they could. Though they knew they couldn't free her from those Dark Times they would be here for her as she heals.

Mari thought that she would never be free from this never ending darkness...

Damian Wayne went through his fair share of Darkness aswell. He was taught that he was above everyone. He was taught to be cold, dark, uncaring...

He hadn't known that his previous assassin ways were wrong until his mother brought him to his father.

Through the years he grew in Gotham, he slowly understood and was trying his best to change.

Though even if he changed some would still see him as a brat but he paid no mind. What's important to him is that he is progressing.

On a Dark and Gloomy night, the batfam went out to do their 'nightly activities'.

Plagg had told Tikki that he thought of teaching Marinette some tricks. Tikki knew that Plagg saw Marinette as his kitten and so did she so she allowed them to have some sort of Father-Daughter time.

Mari and Plagg were running through the rooftops. Plagg was in a black cat form.
Being Tikki and Plaggs sort of adoptive daughter Mari had been blessed with abilities that the Gods taught her.

She didn't care if she be seen running through the rooftops, she felt came in the wind and was able to breathe. Afterall, her nightmares are still occuring.

A few moment later Robin was going to head back since there wasn't much going on tonight.

Sike! This was Gotham for Cookies Sake!

As he was heading back he saw Scarecrow causing chaos at a park nearby.

Mari was near the area and saw Scarecrow too. She decided to drop down and help Robin.
She evacuated the people first then she looked at Plagg and he nodded. He created a mask for Mari and lended her power.

Mari felt the rush of energy through her and she now blended in the dark.
She used Tikki's power to grow vines around Scarecrow's legs then pulled him up.

Damian or Robin rather thought that it was Poison Ivy's doing but then a girl appeared out of the shadows.

"Who are you?" Robin asked as he pointed his katana at her. Staring at her blue cat like eyes that seem to glow in the dark.
"A passerby." Mari said then once again dissapeared into darkness.

Robin looked around at where she could have gone but lost her. He reported back to the cave after giving his statement to the GPD.

That night before heading to bed he sketch the blue cat like eyes that stuck to his memory. 'A passerby tt'

Damian closed his eyes and remebered her eyes that held so much emotion but also seem to be drifting darker, into Darkness.

Marinette on the other hand closed her eyes that night remembering what happened. Robin to her seemed different. She slept yet no nightmares came.

She walked off to a coffee shop the next morning.

Damian was sent by Tim and Dick to get them coffee since he was heading to WE on the way too.

Mari got her order and was going to head out but bumped into Damian.

"I'm sorry." She looked up to meet his eyes and when Damian saw her eyes he thought of the girl last night.

"Who are you?"
He didn't even had the time to control his mouth as the question came out

Mari sort of smiled and remebered that same question last night.

"A passerby." She answered and continued her way out.

"You wouldn't perhaps be a girl that just loves blending in with Darkness do you? Yet your eyes hold so many emotions." He said his mouth speaking his mind.

"Perhaps I am, but you seem to be someone who can help me chase the darkness away.
She replied saying no more and headed out the door.

Damian made sure to remember his mission to find and get to know that girl.

-END-

---------*---------*--------*---------*---------*---------*---------

I'm sorry this is short but I am slumped with projects... sigh...

Anyway thanks for reading guys!
Love ya COOKIES
Til next time!