The Tree

~Jorel~

"This tree looks like it couldn't even hold SkinnyArms." Johnny examined the large old tree in the park that the others hung out at, "It looks like if you sat on that branch, it would snap from underneath you."

I've been with Dylan, Aron, Danny, and Matthew for the past week, it may look like a week old tree, but it was pretty thick and stout. Aron jumped up clinging onto a branch like a spider monkey, then pulled himself up. His belt around his waist failed to hold his pants up, revealing his blue plaid boxers. That was wonderful.

"My turn." Dylan leaped onto the branch Aron was standing on, swinging himself up with him.

Matthew and Jordon seemed to bond. They were almost closer than George and I with Jordon. They would joke with each other. They only knew each other for a day and a half. But right now, Matty was at the hair salon getting his hair chopped off.

Danny just got off the phone with someone and shoved his junky flip phone in his pocket, "Tian's coming.."

Daniel appeared to be very disappointed in the news. I had no idea who it was what so ever. The guys smiled. It must've been one of their annoying friends that Daniel disliked.

Chester and Mike walked up to us, their bags strapped to their back. Mike wore his worn out Nikes with his grey pants and shirt. Chester wore a blue flannel with khaki pants, and some Adidas shoes. He pushed up his glasses.

"I'm sorry, but who is Tian?" I ask curiously, jumping onto the branch.

"Sister.. She's a year older than me."

"So, Sophomore?"

"Freshie. I got to skip a grade."

"Forgot, sorry."

I climbed into the tree, reaching Aron. I sat on a branch by myself, looking down at the others that sat in the grass and visited. My pants kept desiring to sag, which pissed me off because I forgot my belt. My Misfits shirt was shrinking since it was 100% cotton, and my mom didn't wash it properly. Time to get a new one I guess.

"Hey!" A breathless female voice greeted.

"Hello." All the guys said, and I snapped my head over to face all them.

A girl with the exact same hair color as Daniel walked up to the group. Her eye color was a chocolate brown that was very deep and surprisingly beautiful. I stared at her for a minute, taking everything in. She wore grey skinny jeans with a roll-sleeve pocket blouse.

Aron and Dylan climbed out of the tree to greet her with a hug. I plopped down to go stand by Jordon and Johnny. I pulled my pants up while I was at it, popping my neck that was very stiff. George ruffled my hair that was getting pretty long, so I smacked his hand away and fixed it again.

"Those three are Jordon and Jorel and George." Daniel pointed at us, and the girl walked over.

I turned to face her, and I gave her one of my side smiles. She stuck her hand out to me first, "Tian."

"Jorel Decker. Or J." I gave her a firm hand shake.

"Or J-Dog." George giggled, and I rolled my eyes.

"That was so 4 years ago, you know that right?" I snap.

"J-D-O-G, got your girls on a leash!" George and Jordon burst with laughter.

I look at them confused and red as ever, "I don't even remember saying that! I never said that!"

Mike and Chester join the laughter, and soon everyone laughs. I felt like a little kid that just face planted into the wood-chip ground after sliding down the slide, being laughed at. "Girls on a leash" never even came to my mind.

"I'm not even that dirty.." I comment when the laughter is still going on. If only there was a switch where I could turn all the humiliation off.

"What's funny?" A raspy voice came from behind. I turned around to see Matthew with short black hair that was very curly. Everyone went silent.

"Holy sh*t." Is what came out of Chester's mouth. He covered it instantly.

"Holy f*ck, is what I'm going to say." Dylan said.

"It looks okay?" Matty takes his hand and rakes his fingers through his hair.

"Better than it was." Tian spoke the truth. Everyone nodded.

Silence. Everyone either exchanged looks or stared at Matthew as if he was a alien. I was a bit confused after awhile, about 2 minutes into the stare down.

"Would you stop looking at me like that? You act like you've never seen me with short hair before!" Matthew gets a bit irritated, and everyone laughs and runs towards him, doggy piling on him. Tian and I were the only ones to watch.

"Something's wrong with them. They have mixed emotions about everything." Tian tells me.

I asked her why she didn't go to the High School, and she said that she didn't get enrolled in it, so she went to another. I'm pretty sure it was the one George's sister went to, but I didn't know for sure. Tian told me how she was a straight A student, and how she has no idea why she wasn't welcomed into the school. Jordan, George's sister was the same way.

"Maybe because there is too many people in the school?" I shrug.