That "Emo" Kid.

~Jorel~

Nothing's wrong with "Emo". Well, maybe a bit. Cutting yourself was the worst thing you could possibly do to yourself. Committing suicide was the same. It would suck trying suicide and surviving it. Maybe people would know about it. You'd have to live with people you knew who didn't look at you the same because they found out that you've done something terrible. Because..

You tried to kill yourself.

None of this came to my mind until today. Maybe since kids in my school called me "that Emo Kid" when they didn't know my name. I never thought of cutting. It was what I looked like. My hair was longish and my bangs hung in my face. Usually I'd brush it back out of my face, but once the depression hit me (I wouldn't call it that, but the guys thought I was depressed) I didn't really care on what my appearance was. The clothing I wore was darker than usual.

I fumbled with my locker combination. My thoughts jumbled around in my head which made it harder to focus. I felt Aron behind me then.

"Again, I don't want you to steal my crayons." I mumbled, going at the lock again.

He chuckled at the inside joke, "Trust me, I don't do that to kids who ride the short bus."

This actually made me crack a smile. It felt good to feel my muscles move on my face. It's been awhile since I've felt them. Evidentially Aron thought it was shocking to see my slight smile. I glanced at him before my smile went away, then rolled my eyes as if nothing fantastic happened.

"Shut your face." I randomly say, finally swinging my locker open and shoving my bag in, then snatching a notebook and pencil out of the small shelf.

"What, man? I didn't say anything." Aron snorted, then did his "heheh" laugh.

Dominique jumped onto his back unexpectedly, then Aron spun around in a circle. She giggled and laughed, and George walked up from behind me. Tian made her way from the other side of the hall with Danny following her. I'd smile, but it was like I couldn't get myself to. I dropped my stuff on the floor to get my hoodie, then I shoved it over me. To be honest, I got lost in it. I wiggled around, trying to find the arm holes and such.

George's low laugh echoes through the hall, and I felt a tug on the hoodie. Soon I found one sleeve, then the other. Johnny pushed my head through the last hole. Everyone was smiling or chuckling. Tian was watching me as she giggled.

**

My favorite class was 5 period after lunch. Band. It was probably the highlight of my day. I was one of the only kids to play the piano surprisingly, and Jordon was one that played the guitar. Matthew and Tian were percussionists, and George played the bass guitar.

The band teacher was pretty cool. We wouldn't always play Mozart music, we would play March, or my favorite; he called it pop music. Sadly, it wasn't anything like The Misfits or Metallica. Sometimes we would get lucky and play some type of rock song.

I felt pretty bad for Tian. She was the only female drummer. The guy drummers were immature and did dirty things. They were just trying to make her cringe for amusement. Matthew actually was in part of the act once, one of the guys sat on his lap and basically gave him a lap dance. They all laughed except for Tian, who was sitting in the corner of the room watching them with horror written all over her face.

The rest of the band practiced scales while the drummers played around. Them and I didn't really have to do scales, so at this time we basically did our own thing. I watched there each and every move.

One of the percussionists with blonde hair and blue eyes looked over at me. He was short and stocky, and wore baggy ripped jeans and a black T-Shirt. We made eye contact for about 5 seconds before he called out to me, "What do you want, Emo?"

Matthew and Tian snapped their heads towards him. I looked down at my piano, and glanced back over there. Matthew actually was taller than him when he stood up.

"What did you just say to him?" Matthew asked, his voice stern.

"To the Emo kid over there?" He asked, pointing back at me.

"He's not Emo." Matty confessed, "If he was, it doesn't matter."

The guy rolled his eyes, "Emo's are freaks."

Matthew's fist was as fast as lightning. It sent the guy hitting the floor in seconds. Afterward, Matt tackled him. Tian ran over to separate them, and the other percussionists just watched awe-struck. The conductor stopped the band.

"To the office you two. Now!" He shouted from across the room.

Matty and the other guy exited out of the band room and went down the hall.

**
~Matthew~

I didn't give two sh*ts about going to the principals office. It was not right for someone to call a another names, and judge them. No one calls my friends names anyway.

"So what was this all about?" The principle asked curiously, glancing in between us now and then.

Ryan shoved a Kleenex up his right nostril. It was gushing blood from the first hit he took from me. Luckily, I didn't have a scratch on me.

Ryan and I got along. He was a pretty cool guy, I guess you could say. Not until today. He must've really regretted today. One of his drumming buddies kicked his ass in front of all the others. Ryan probably felt really tough after that.

"He called my friend Emo, and said that Emo's are freaks." I announced.

This wasn't going to end well. We both had to speak about the fight. In the end, we both got suspended for two days, which wasn't that bad at all, but still terrible.

My parents were going to kill me.