The Loss

My heart sank. No, it felt like it shattered into pieces. My father could hardly even tell me without his voice breaking. I could hear Mom crying in her bedroom, her sobs muffled from the door. Spring was even heard from all the way down the hall. My throat felt like there were hands around it, making me choke. Tears burned my eyes. My dad left the room and closed the door before anything could happen.

I stood up quickly, pacing around my room, thinking; why did he do that? Why? I wanted to cry and take my anger out on something at the same time.

The first thing I did was yell, clenching my fists looking up at the dark ceiling of my room. Then, without even thinking, I trudged over to my nightstand and hurled the lamp that was sitting on top of it across the room. My fist found the wall with speed, and went right through it. After pulling it out, I dropped to my knees as the tears spilled down my cheeks and sobbed.

"No!" I pounded the wall with my fist.

Maybe this was all a dream.. Maybe I could wake up from this nightmare, and everything would be normal. My brother would still be in collage, taking turns talking to my family and I on the phone every night. He'd talk about how he learned about specific Things.. Living a normal life. Being alive.

My head hurt, my throat was dry and still tightened. I felt like throwing myself away. Never have I felt so broken in my life.. So torn.

My knuckles were bleeding, but I couldn't feel it. All the adrenaline from everything going on made only my heart hurt. I managed to pick myself up as I cried, stumbling over to my mirror with tears blurring my vision. Soon the tears dripped away, and my image appeared in the mirror.

My cheeks were freshly stained from all the tears, my eyes were already puffy. Another tear escaped as I examined myself. I looked like sh*t. My hair was getting long, it went passed my eyes, and was pretty messy.

People would make mistakes with my brother and I. They would switch names, call me my brother and call my brother me. We looked so much alike. Just thinking about it made me want to punch the wall.

My bro shot himself in the head, committing suicide. He was found in his collage dorm hours later by his room mate. We found out today, and it happened yesterday.

He seemed so happy.. My brother would have told me anything, which kinda hurt me that he hadn't said anything about his depression. He was quiet about everything. Come to think about it, it was my parents fault that he died. They pushed him too far with collage, made him stress over the little things that meant nothing. He was also also in a San Fransisco college, so he hardly had any friends or family near him.

Then that's when I got the worst thought. I stomped out of my room with the tears still spilling down my cheeks to my parents' bedroom. I opened the door, my mom sitting on the edge of the bed with my father comforting her.

"It's your fault!" I screamed at them, bursting into more tears. My mom looked at me with complete horror.

"What do you-"

"It's your fault!" I yell again, making them both flinch, "Your fault that he k-killed himse-self!"

**
~Jordon~

Even though it was a school day, I decided to skip school because of the news about Jorel's brother. My mom thought I was walking to school, but I was walking to Jorel's house. He needed a friend to be there.

I kind of wanted to cry myself. It was crazy; he was in the world, then his presence just disappeared out of no where. It was hard to believe that he was dead.

I walked into J's house without even knocking. That's when I heard Jorel scream in the other room. I ran towards the sound, bursting into his parents' room. He was yelling at them, telling them that it was their fault. Mrs. Decker looked terrified.

"He wouldn't be dead if you pushed him!" Jorel growled, and I grabbed him, covered his mouth as I struggled to drag him out of their room.

They seemed to be pleased that I was at their house. They gave me a little wave even though they were crying, and I got him into his room. I closed the door.

The first think I noticed was the hole in the wall next to his nightstand. A lamp was across the room with it's shade far away from it. The bulb was broken. My head snapped towards Jorel.

I've never seen him cry so hard in his life. Well, there was that time when we were 6.. Who cares now? His face was in his hands as his whole body trembled from sobs. I held back the tears that were coming to my eyes.

It wasn't fair. But, come to think of it; life isn't fair at all. You may believe it is fair, but it's not. It's not f*cking fair.

"He's gone." Jorel said between sobs.

**
~Chester~

It was quiet in the health room without Jordon and Jorel here. Danny and Aron were in choir, which I had no idea why I hadn't been in it this year. I enjoyed singing, but the songs that Mrs. Sha wanted us to sing were to slow and boring. I needed something up to tempo and exciting.

I had no idea where the two were, unless they were skipping class. I could try to text them on my crappy flip phone, but if I got caught that meant detention.

Mike was in another class, I think it was math. He was a freaking genius when it came to Algebra 2, and even though he was a year younger than me he was smarter than I.

Being a senior was nice, but the patience that I had for it was low. I was ready to get out of high school, maybe go into collage for a couple years until I know what I'm going to do.

Johnny ran into the health room, which was completely fine since our health teacher was a really cool guy.

"Oh my f*ck, I need to go, now!" George cursed, making the teacher look up from his computer.

"George, language." Mr. Robins said calmly. He didn't seem to give a crap.

"What?" I stood up, everyone looking at us.

George stumbled over to me, whispering into my ear for no one to hear but me, "Jorel's brother
committed suicide.."