Pixie Sticks.

~Tian~

My brother was nowhere to be seen. The school was huge, which was hard on an antisocial being. Well, I wasn't that bad, but let's just say I was a bit antisocial.

I could hardly even get used to Dominique, who was by my side the whole time during school. I didn't even speak to her, neither did she. We both had the same schedule, so I guess we might as well get to know each other.

Maybe become friends.

Er, become friends, there wasn't really a maybe in this sequence. She was a nice girl, nor a bad influence to me. Dom was someone I could be with my whole life, like sisters.

Danny told me about their history. Their parents hardly acknowledged them, and when they did it was rare. There for, George had to basically raise his younger sister with no help at all. No one but the other guys were her friend, and I think it was time for her to have a friend that was female.

I decided to finally open up to her in 4th period, which was just before lunch. The class was Spanish, and the teacher was out of the room for a few minutes before the bell rang.

There was a kid across the room snorting some pixie stick candy showing off to his friends, which was very immature for his age. We both watched in disgust, and all the guys high-fived him as they laughed.

"Well, that's.. Abnormal." I whisper to her, leaning over towards her in my uncomfortable chair.

"That's something that George would do." Dom confessed, smiling.

I glanced at her with surprise, "No way! He used to do that?!"

We both burst into laughter, "Yes! He used to do that!"

The teacher came in, making the kid quickly snort the last small pile of the candy and cough terribly. The others acted innocent like nothing bad has happened. Then again, there was just that one kid that had to ruin it all and burst out laughing. Dom and I shared the same expressions; a smirk covered with our hands.

The Spanish teacher ignored their behavior, since she was too busy writing something on the chalk board. Some of the others in the class exchanged looks and tried not to smile. The kid got up to throw the little tube of paper away. Just watching him even throwing it away made my nostrils burn.

Minutes passed, and the bell rang. The students fled out of the classroom as if they were saving theirselves from some disaster. It was lunch time is why, and every high schooler was desperately wanting out of the school. I even wanted free from it all.

I waited for Dominique at the door, and we walked down the hall and down the stairs together. Some rebels used the elevator, which no one except for wounded or janitor were supposed to use. When we got to the last step, a teacher caught them and yelled at them.

It took Dom and I awhile to find the guys sitting at a table in the back of the cafeteria. Jorel had his face buried in his sleeve, looking a bit homely. He looked way different from the other days that I saw him. His brother's death changed him to much.

A tray of untouched food was in front of him, and George patted his back lightly as he sat covering his face. I sat down next to Aron.

"How many times do I have to f*cking tell you, George? I'm not hungry!" Jorel spoke, muffled my his arm.

George took his hand off him, "You need to eat! Your mom said that haven't ate for two days straight!"

Jorel squirmed a bit, still keeping is head in his arm. He pulled his hand out of his baggy black jacket, and flipped George off.

George was like the big responsible brother. Everyone listened to him no matter what, and if they didn't, well.. They were in for something.

"I'm getting you a counselor." George rubbed his face with his hands, obviously stressed about J's actions.

Mike whispered something into George's ear, and George threw his hands in the air, ready to say something aloud. It made Mike flinch.

Everyone finished their food quickly, except for Jorel. George sat patiently by Jorel, whispering into his ear while the others came back from dumping their tray. J pushed his face away several times, making Johnny laugh.

Then everything became serious.

George picked Jorel's head up, grabbing a spoon and scooping some mashed potatoes up with it. He shoveled them into J's mouth forcefully, and J looked like he was going to get murdered by him. After that, he took the spoon and fed himself.

That changed his mind quickly.