Calming

New chapter! Day 8 of the 12 Days of Updates. Are you all enjoying it?

What do you think of the new cover? It was made by a reader a while back, and I have sadly forgotten their username here, but they are jadyn_aguirre on Instagram!

As always, thank you for the endless support. :)

Chapter 59:

We were walking by all of the stores in the mall, heading toward the arcade, and I saw the way Liam's eyes frantically scanned our surroundings. It seemed to all be so overwhelming for him, and I realized that he probably never really hung out with a group of people at the mall before. The last time we were here, it was during school hours so there weren't so many teens all around us.

I slowed my walk down a little more, keeping in pace with Liam as I looked down and took his hand in my own. He offered me a thankful smile as I did so, and I returned my own smile.

Holding Liam's hand in public was so surreal. Even though I've held his hand in public before, it was still an exhilarating feeling. It was like representing all of my love and affection for him so everyone could see. It was showing that we were together, and I couldn't be more proud of who my partner was. Nobody compared to Liam.

"This is going to be great!" Louis pepped us up in an excited tone. It was seriously like he never ran out of energy.

His arm was wrapped around Harry's waist, keeping him close, and Harry's arms also wrapped around Louis'. They were adorable together, and I regretted the fact that I ever made Louis feel like he couldn't show his love because of me; like he had to hide that part of himself away.

Right behind them, and in front of Liam and I, were Niall and Drew. They were both laughing about something that Drew commented, Niall's face nearly as red as a stoplight as he gasped for breath. Whatever it was, there was no way it was that funny. Drew wasn't funny. Annoying maybe, but not funny.

"I heard they've got a new zombie game. You put on these headsets, and it feels like you're actually there and killing the zombies," Niall chatted away, talking without taking a breath. It's called VR, I though to myself.

Perhaps I was being too harsh on Niall and Drew with the whole not forgiving them thing, but I was just being cautious. I didn't want Liam to get hurt, nor did I want to lose him.

"That's so sick!" Drew exclaimed. "I bet I could kill more than you can." It was a challenge, and Niall laughed (for some reason) before shaking Drew's outstretched hand, forming a bet between the two of them.

"How can you stand those games? I prefer the classic arcade ones if I'm honest," Harry offered, and I had to agree with him. They were all about skill, and I loved any games from the nineties.

"Ah, yes," Louis spoke up, and I just knew that he was going to say something sarcastic. It was all in his tone. "Pac-Man, Space Invaders and Asteroids. All of the best graphics. What fun."

I rolled my eyes along with Harry, so used to his nonsensical teasing.

"Alright, Mr. Mario Kart. They're classics," Harry replied, once again making me agree with him. Although, Mario Kart wasn't too bad either. "You race your little cars while I use actual skill."

Harry stuck his tongue out at Louis, and I held in my laughter when Louis actually went in with his own tongue to meet Harry's. Harry let out a shriek or surprise as he turned his face, causing Louis to lick his cheek instead. Louis didn't seem to mind, considering it a victory, even as Harry pushed him away.

"Louis, that's gross," He commented, wiping at his cheek, but Louis just laughed.

"But you still love me," He shrugged out, making Harry glare at him in a playful manner.