Inconsolable

Hello everybody!

I know it's been a minute. I have been dealing with a lot recently, but I still really love writing, and I am determined to update more for you all, so thank you for waiting patiently if you have been!

I am hoping to finish up a few stories by the end of the year, at the latest, so I will be posting possible replacements to those stories for you all to vote on soon because I have so many ideas.

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains brief mentions of an eating disorder, body image issues, and alcoholism. There is also subtle hinting to the abuse Zayn went through by his father's hands as well as hinting back to Zayn's suicidal tendencies. Please read carefully and know that you are all loved. <3

If you remember from Princess, things get worse here before they get better. Just hang on, loves. It will get better.

Chapter 71:

    "Is your mum on her way?" I wondered as I continued to think up notes in my head to write on the final page of Liam's song book. I wanted it to be a song that was as lovely and sweet as he was.

    "She should be here soon. That's why I have to make sure this isn't noticeable."

     I leaned over to the edge of my bed and saw Liam checking over his neck for any love bites and dabbing at his neck with a bit of concealer every so often. He seemed to really know what he was doing, and it formed a pit in my stomach.

     "That's how you did it, isn't it?" I pointed out, watching his fingers move to coat his neck with the small sponge. So used to a motion he shouldn't have to be used to. "That's how you'd cover all of the bruises and scars that would be visible. Just like this."

   I watched Liam's hand pause in his actions, his face falling and a distant stare as he looked at his own reflection, focused on his neck. His hand fell away for a moment before he was tipping over my aunt's concealer to drip some more onto the make-up sponge he was using.

   "Um, yeah," He nearly mumbled. He looked back at his reflection before turning to me with a smile, dabbing at his neck once more. "The difference is that my hand isn't shaking in fear, my eyes aren't full of tears, and I'm not despising myself."

    He closed up the concealer bottle before turning off the lights and walking over to where I was sitting on the bed. He plopped down beside me, curiously peeking at his song book. 

    "What'd you draw?"

    His eyes were alight with surprise as he realized that I wasn't drawing anymore. My small doodles quickly devolved into music notes on the page.

   "Sorry about that," I smiled, "I did draw, but I just had to write down this tune that was stuck in my head. But, um, it's about you... and it should sound just as lovely."

   He laughed gently, and I was in awe of him every moment of every day.

   "It's okay. Maybe you can play it for me later?" He wondered, blinking up at me, and I nodded instantly. Setting the song book aside, I turned to him and leaned in to kiss him. I could feel the way his lips curled into a smile as our lips met, and I was helpless to contain a smile of my own as butterflies swarmed around inside of my stomach. I sighed happily as Liam's hand lifted to my face, caressing my cheek and pulling me in even closer. I could feel that he was moments away from moving even closer, his thigh twitching beneath my hand as if he wanted nothing more than to climb into my lap. Of course, I would welcome it without hesitation.

    Unfortunately, before we could go any further, my aunt was calling out from the hall.

   "Liam, you're mum's here!"