Solitary

Update time!

     Also, I am so proud of Harry performing at MSG! Love him.

     Warning: Zayn's thoughts of feeling alone may be triggering. Read carefully, loves, and know that you are never alone and that I am here if you need to talk about anything at all. ❤

     Enjoy!

Chapter 15:

Flashback

     "Isn't it awesome, Zayn? My dad got it for me. I'm excited to try it out as soon as we get there," Louis said excitedly.

    We were on our way to the park, both of our mums walking a short distance behind us, and Louis was showing me his new toy helicopter that he got. It was remote controlled, and I was just as excited as he was to see it fly.

     His dad was always getting Louis new and amazing toys, and I was just thankful that Louis decided to share them with me. We both agreed that the new plane would be even better than the sailboat we made ride through the duck pond. Of course, there were no ducks around that we could have possibly hurt.

    Louis and I got excited as soon as we saw the park up ahead, and we both broke into a run to reach the fields of green. However, my mum called out to me in fright.

    "Zayn, be careful, love! Please stay close to me," I stopped in place, and I looked back, waiting for my mum to catch up to me. I watched as Louis already made it to the park, and he stopped to look back over to me, seeming rather impatient.

     "Mum," I groaned, "Louis' waiting for me! Can I please go?"

    She caught up to me, and she saw the frown on my face. She sighed for a moment before spekaing. "I'm sorry, love. I know I'm a bit overprotective at times, but I don't want anything to happen to you. Ever," She admitted as she bent down to my level.

    "You can go catch up with Louis, but be careful. I don't know what I would do if something ever happened to you," She said, giving me a small hug before releasing me.

     "It's okay, mummy. Nothing's going to happen. I'll be safe," I said, kissing her cheek once. "I promise." With that, I ran off to join Louis who already had the plane set up.

     "Here we go!" He cheered as he made the helicopter move forward before it took off from the ground and flew up into the sky. We both laughed joyfully as the helicopter went higher and higher. I wondered for a moment what it would feel like to be up so high. Would it be scary?

    "Zayn, watch this," Louis said, and I clapped as he expertly made the helicopter dodge between multiple tree branches through the air without hitting anything. He was always great at controlling things.

    "You wanna try?" He asked, handing the controller over to me, and I panicked as he let it go. I gripped onto it, and I instantly moved my thumb forward on the control stick, making the helicopter's speed increase.

      "No, no, no!" Louis yelled as the helicopter slammed right into a tree, shattering on impact, and I dropped the controller in fear. I rushed after Louis to go look at the helicopter, and we both found that it was broken.

     I took one look at Louis' upset face, and I felt the tears building in my eyes. I broke my best friend's toy. What if he hated me now? What if he didn't want to be my friend anymore? What if my dad was right when he said that I ruined everything? He was. This proved it.