Turmoil

Here is another chapter for you guys, and there are a few warnings.

Warning: This chapter contains obsessive use of alcohol, a slight hetero interaction, and a scene that is for mature readers only. Please read carefully and stay safe. ❤

And thank you so much to everyone reading. I am enjoying Zayn's POV, and the story will merge with Princess next chapter! All of these events happened prior to the first chapter of Princess, but now we are converging. Hang tight!

Chapter 4:

"Louis' here. I'm going out now," I told my aunt as I shrugged on my jacket. She looked up from where she was painting and smiled at me.

"Alright. Make sure you stay safe, Zayn. It's just a small party with a few friends, right?" She questioned, quizzically raising an eyebrow at me, and I nodded, even if that was a lie. My aunt shouldn't have to worry about anything. She's done more worrying than was even necessary over me.

I kissed her cheek, and allowed her to kiss mine as well before I headed out of the door and made my way down the driveway to where Louis was. He was borrowing his mum's car for the night, and I was thankful that he was.

I climbed into the passenger's seat, and Louis automatically began speaking. "Zayn, are you sure about this? It's going to be a typical high school party with nothing but drinking and hooking up. Why are we even going? Those guys will be fine without you there," He said, almost begging to get out of the situation, but I shook my head.

"If you don't want to go then you don't have to. You can just drop me off and leave. Go do whatever you have planned tonight that's better than this," I said, not even looking at Louis.

I knew that I was slowly becoming colder and colder toward him, and I dreaded every moment of it, but I had to extend the leash I had him on. He couldn't get too close because then he would start to smell the truth.

"I don't have anything planned tonight, Zayn. You asked if I would go with you to this party, and I said yes. This is my plan for tonight," He said, finally backing out of the driveway and beginning to drive down the street.

I watched as he looked away from me to focus on the road, but his mind seemed preoccupied by something else. It seemed as if he originally did have another plan, and I didn't want him to resent me for pulling him away from whatever he had planned.

"Well if you'd rather be doing something else then just let me know now. I'll gladly walk there if I have to," I said, messing around in Louis' glove compartment and pretending to be completely unfazed by the sour turn of our conversation.

"Can you please not rummage around in there?" He asked after glancing over at me momentarily. He didn't sound angry or annoyed, but I couldn't help but feel as if I was a nuisance to him.

"Fine. I won't mess with your shit, then. I know you'd never touch anything that was mine without permission," I commented, slamming the glove compartment shit. I knew I was being completely petty, but I have been agitated since the conversation I had with Liam in art class. He was so close to breaking me, and Louis seemed to be digging a deeper hole.

Pushing him away was all I could do.

"Why have you been acting this way, Zayn?" Louis asked as he stopped at a red light. I could feel his eyes on the side of my face, but I didn't dare make eye contact with him. Because Louis knew a lot about me, and he definitely knew when I was upset just by looking into my eyes. He knew the look on my face from when we were kids, and I couldn't allow him to notice it.

I put on my mask, turning to him only after I was certain that my eyes only displayed anger. A dark frustration that was threatening, especially in the low light of the night.