Her Acquaintance, The End Part 2

Start from the beginning

Cracking was soon heard and you paused, glancing down to notice shards of glass beneath your feet, that and a empty picture frame. A dust covered photo laid directly next to it and ever so slowly, you bent down, picking up the photo and you wiped away the dust.

Three familiar faces stared back at you, one of that being your own while the other two were the faces of your parents. You took the time to refamiliarize yourself with their facial features as it had been ages since you had last seen them.

'I'll make sure to fix things to how they're supposed to be.'

That was your silent vow to them and with this, you tucked the photo into your pocket before walking to the door and opening it. Pausing for a moment, you took one last look around the house, an underlying feeling that this would be the last time you would ever see it, and with that you stepped out, closing the door behind you.

Desolate. That was the only word that you could use to describe the neighborhood itself. The entire area was devoid of any life; no people, no animals, nothing. There was an eeriness to the stand still quietness and as you stepped out from the porch, you couldn't help but wonder where everyone was.

All of the houses that lined the street seemed rather vacant and it seemed like they had been this way for a good amount of time. The paint on the walls of each houses, even your own, had faded and chipped with time, large spider web of cracks slinking their way along the exterior. Trash littered the road and the yards, some being carried off by the thin wind that had blown in from the north.

"What happened here?" You whispered to yourself as you stepped onto the street, glancing up and down the road in hopes of finding someone who could explain to you what was happening. But as you expected, you came up short. A single newspaper blew to a stop at your feet and you reached down to grab it, turning it over so that you could read what was written on it.

August 16, 2020

The large letters read at the top. So four years had passed by in this world while only two had gone by in the Black Butler dimension. But what had happened in that time? Skimming through the rest of the articles, you felt a cold dread as you read what was written.

The uprising has begun. Magic-users have united under a single organization and have begun to attack innocents. Violence can be seen from the streets and although offers were made, the magic-users never ceased in their attacks. Investigations have been made and it was recently discovered that their leader went by the name of Malcom.

You paused in reading, eyes flickering over that name once again. Malcom was the reason for all of this? Truthfully you weren't all that surprised. He had wanted to bring change to the way magic-users were treated through uncivil methods. But to think that he had been the one leading. So what had happened that had led to the place looking like this.

However, it seemed that their leader, Malcom wanted more than just equal rights, if not total authorization over everyone, including magic-users. Reports have detailed that the said individual killed many officials, innocent civilians, and magic-users who opposed his rulings.

Gasping, you couldn't believe what you were reading. Malcom had also killed magic-users along with civilians? You could understand that he hated those that weren't magic-users, but to go as far as kill them? And you couldn't turn a blind eye to the fact that he also killed magic-users. He had sworn to be on the side of magic-users yet he had gone out of his way in killing them just for power.