"An elf helped to craft this pack, pull everyone together and create the rules. She was very wise, she helped to raise me when my parents would have to leave town. She still lives here, acts as an advisor to my court," River explains, leading me further towards the statue. 

The rest of the afternoon is spent on a tour of the city, showing me the town garden filled with exotic flowers the elves use for alchemy, the elven chapel, town theater, and other attractions. As we get back to the palace, I find myself back in the position of exploring the palace walls, wandering around, and finding time to relax as I pass by the palace kitchen. Snacking upon the pastries prepared by the chef, I lean back in the wooden chair, enjoying the taste of the vanilla filling as I look out the window as the cooks are busy preparing dinner. "Do you know the past Alpha of Eternal Shadows?" I ask, glancing to the head chef as she pulls out the sockeye salmon and preps it to be smoked in the barrels. 

Popping a small slice of brie into my mouth, I watch as the chef places down her knife and looks over to me. "Keva is one of the oldest elves in this pack, almost three hundred years old," Vivian replies, going back to slicing the salmon. "She can often be found at the palace temple in the East Wing. It's either that or she is in Europe." 

"Is she currently here?" I implore, getting to my feet as I finish my small plate of food. Vivian encourages me to go and find out, that she suspects Keva is back from her last visit already. 

Heading off to the temple, I thank the chef and put my plate away, wandering just what this Keva will look like. Hands clasped behind my back, I head down the hallway, the temple straight ahead as the stained glass doors lay ahead. As I push open one of the doors, the room is not what I had expected. The circular room has windows on every side, marble tables before every single one as shallow bowls made from amethyst or jade hold glimmering items. 

"Excuse me, you cannot be in here," someone states, their voice low as they try not to disrupt the people praying around the glimmering elements. The man who spoke to me grabs hold of my arm, trying to usher me out of the temple. 

"I'm sorry, I did not know I cannot be here," I reply, trying to get my arm out of his hold. 

"Only elves can be in here," he snaps, pushing me out of the door as I catch sight of a woman looking to me, lavender eyes meeting mine as she stands by an onyx bowl. As the doors close behind me, I find myself shut out of the room, isolated from the elves as I look around the hallway, frustrated with what I can do now. I stand outside the temple for a few more minutes, wondering what else I can do, and wondering just how long an elf could stay in the temple. 

Walking away, I decide to just head back to my room, knowing I will have no look and be bored just staying outside a door. 

"Evelyn Matlock?" 

Looking over my shoulder, the elf with the lavender eyes and long hair looks to me as the door shuts behind her. Nodding my head, I watch as the elf walks forward to me, watching me with a strange look in her eye, as if she has seen a ghost. "I take it you have been looking for me," she comments, making an observation rather than asking. As she nears me, she links her arm in mine, leading me forward as I look to her. "I know I seem younger than I should. For being three hundred years you would expect me to reflect that age." 

So I have found Keva...well, Keva has found me. We walk outside to the palace garden, Keva leading me down the steps of the rose garden and into a sitting area away from everyone else. "I expected you earlier," Keva comments, taking a seat across from me as she calls to one of the woman picking ember flowers. Keva asks for some tea from the woman, watching as she goes off to order the drink from the kitchen as Keva straightens out her posture in the seat. "I was wondering how long I would have to wait until I would finally meet the daughter of Lily and Nixon Maxwell."