T H I R T Y T H R E E

Dinner at the potters???? I think yes. Awkwardness?? 100%. Jealousy? Oh absolutely. Enjoy.

A/n oh god I just saw a whole bunch of tik toks about writing dos and don'ts and now I wanna rewrite my whole book-

Today was the day Regulus would be coming over to the Potters. And the day her parents would be meeting the more she refused to talk about earlier that month at dinner.

Euphemia wanted to know what to make and Sirius and Madeline told her that Regulus's favorite meal was shepherd's pie, just like James. And so, Euphemia made her infamous delicious Shepherd's pie.

Throughout the day at The Potters residence, it was hard to tell who was more nervous. Madeline, the girl who was having her boyfriend meet her parents for the first time. Sirius, who was going to be within 3 feet of his brother whom he hadn't talked to in ages. Or Euphemia who was worried she would make a bad first impression or scare the boy away.

Fleamont wasn't stressed or anxious, he was your topical father meeting boyfriend for the first time. And James was just excited for his favorite meal.

(M is wearing that but just the white turtle neck and plaid pants)

Regulus is wearing:

And just like that, it was 6:30 and the boy should be arriving any moment now

And finally. There it was. The knock they had been waiting to hear.

"I got it," M announced as she jumped over the couch and ran for the door. She took a deep breath then opened it. "Hi." She smiled then kissed his cheek.

"Hi, darling." He smiled back.

"Come on in." She moved out of the way. He stepped through the door, everyone looked at him before mom rushed up to him.

"Hi hi, it's so nice to meet you." She stuck her hand out which he gladly shook.

"You too," he chuckled. "Sorry, I'm late."

"Oh don't be, it's just a couple of minutes." She let go of his hand and chuckled softly.

"So this is Regulus." Fleamont asked walking over.