T W E N T Y F I V E

A/n hi I just spent 20 min crying over Marauder edits on tik tok ✋😭 and I should be turning in all my late work cause today's the last day instead of writing a fanfic but here I am

Oh and it's a rly short chapter and I don't wanna write about their break in Italy that much cause I have zero ideas. And IMPORTANT: so like I wanna get them back together soon ish but I also came up with a good idea that involves them not getting together again till next winter. What do you guys think?

Madeline woke up in a cold hospital bed the day before the student leave for Christmas break. She was surprised to see no one there waiting for her, well she thought she was alone till she heard a soft raspy voice come from the side of her.

"Hey, sleeping beauty." He said rubbing his eyes, given he just woke up from a nap.

She turned her head and saw Sirius standing up.
"Sirius? How long was I out? What happened?"

"You don't remember?"

She shook her head.

"Well-"

Flashback, three days ago

Madeline was trying to pay attention as much as she could to the game she was currently in against Ravenclaw. And she was doing better than in practice the past couple of weeks but still definitely not at her A-game.

And so with that being said. When she wasn't paying attention, her hands not on her broom, a bludger came flying at her at full speed, it hit her back and she flew forward, this time she wasn't quick enough to grab onto her broom before falling down 40 or so feet to the ground.

The crowd went quiet and Pomfrey and the professors, as well as her friends, rushed their way down to the field. Regulus rushed to his feet and leaned over the edge to see what was happening.

End flashback

"And yes before you ask, you guys lost. Sorry." He was now sitting on the bed.

"Damn it. We lost to Ravenclaw, again!"

"I love how that's what you're concerned abou-"

"And it's all my fault." She fell back onto the bed. "I'm gonna go drown my self, god that's embarrassing."

Sirius laughed as he fell back onto the bed as well.

"Wheres everyone else?"

"Well we decided to take shifts, we didn't know when you'd wake. They owe me, I bet that you would wake while I was here, hello silver sickles." He chuckled.

"You guys bet on when I'd wake up?" She turned her head to look at him.

"Uhhh-"

"I would do the same." She laughed at how nervous he just got. "What time is it?"

"Dinner time is all I know. Let's go." He stood up and reached a hand out to help her to her feet. "I'm starving." He chuckled.

"Of course you are. You always are." She patted his shoulder.

They were walking together in silence until she asked the question he knew was coming.

"Did- did he come to see me at all?" She looked down at her moving feet.

"Im not supposed to say." he looked over at her.

"That could go either way, just tell me."

"Im sworn to secrecy." He said as he ran into the doors of the great hall to avoid being interrogated. She just laughed as she walked in a few seconds after him. And of course, the first person she looked for in the crowded room, was Regulus, they made eye contact for the first time in a while, but it didn't last long. When he saw that she was up and better he quickly turned away, but Madeline could've sworn she saw the smallest smile on his face.

"M!" Alyssa practically shouted when she saw her best friend. She stood up and pulled her into a hug.

"It was just three days." Madeline chuckled.

"Three days too many," Camilla added, smiling at her friend across the table.

Everyone got their chance to say their welcome back to the life of a conscious person before Dumbledore stood up for his speech before our big break.

"... and with that being said, I wish you all happy and safe holidays, don't miss the train back because it most definitely isn't going to turn around for you. We cannot wait to see you all in three weeks."

~

December 21, 1976

The girls woke up full of joy and excitement, they were about to have their first Christmas holiday together outside of Hogwarts, and like they talked about earlier this year, they decided on Italy.

They grabbed their bags and made their way down the stairs and into the common area. There they said their goodbyes to the other half of their group of friends who were all staying here.

Alyssas were short, Camilla spent the whole time hugging Remus.

"I'm gonna miss my boys." Madeline chuckled.

"We're not your boys." James said.

"Yeah. Yeah we uh, we are." Sirius said.

"We definitely are." Peter added. Remus laughed.

"Whatever. I'll see you in three weeks little sis." James waved goodbye as the three girls left the room to head for the carriages to make the train.

~

"You know. I'm glad you and Remus are past that weird not talking and avoiding stage." Camilla said as she took a bite of her pumpkin pastie.

"Yeah me too, all those old feelings are gone and we're back to being friends and you two seem really happy." Madeline smiled.

"We are." Cam smiled back.

"Someone get my a boyfriend." Alyssa sighed which made them all laugh together.

"Just ask anyone out. You're gorgeous and smart and amazing and anyone would be a fool not to see that." Madeline said.

"She's right."

"Yeah but who? I don't really talk to any boys outside of the four of them." She said referring to the Marauders. "And I don't know if I want to put in the time to get to know someone first." They all laughed again.

"Well you could date Peter. Other than that your out of luck girl friend." Camilla stated.

"He's not that bad."

"Oh my god." Madeline covered her mouth in shock. "Do you like Peter?" She moved her hand back down.

"OH MY GOSH." Camilla shouted.

"No! I most definitely do not! I'm just saying he's not bad looking. That does not mean I like him." She crossed her arms.

"Okay.."

"Whatever you say.."

Idk bout you guys but the story is rly boring right now but just hate with me for a little while longer things will be getting better