E I G H T

(A/n I'm writting this on Halloween eve, realizing this is the last 'normal' night James and Lily had before the next day. I can't bro-)

The very next morning.

I woke up at the same time as always, got dressed and headed downstairs where the boys and some other Gryffindor students were hanging out.

I went and sat down on the couch, opposite side of where Sirius was sitting. James and Peter were on the single chairs and Remus was standing my the fire place.

"Morning." Peter and Sirius said at the same time.

"Mhm."

"What's got you in a mood?" James asked.

"Oh I don't know, maybe the fact that you guys are lying to me." I crossed my arms.

"About...?" Remus asked.

"Oh you know, something you may have picked up in, uh, transfigurations? No, maybe McGonagall told you? Maybe recommended a book?" I said looking at them.

"Um. I'm lost." Peter said sitting up right.

"Or, oh I know! Maybe the fact that you guys didn't tell me you were Animag!-"

I was cut off my Sirius who flew his body across the sofa and covered my mouth with his hand.

"Shhhhhh." He said widening his eyes.

I rolled my eyes and slowly turned my head to look at him. I stuck my tongue out which made him move his hand away slowly. "Gross." He said with a serious face then chuckled.

"How did you know?" My brother asked.

"Does it matter?" I said.

"It was my brother." Sirius said.

"Ding ding ding." I smiled.

"So." I looked at Peter, "tell me, when, how, what?" I stood up and walked over to him. Placing my arms on each arm rest towering over him.

He gulped. "This year, we've been trying since last year, we just got it down, we did it to keep Remus company, James is a stag, Sirius is a black dog and I'm a rat." He said really fast.

"Thank you, Pete." I smiled and walked back to my seat.

"Really?" James said looking at him. Sirius laughed and Pete apologized. "Sorry, she's scary..."

"I'm not mad about it." I laughed. "I just wish you guys told me, it's pretty cool. And don't worry I won't tell anyone else."

"Well that didn't end how I thought it was gonna end." James laughed.

"And um, Pete, why a rat? Actually no, I does make sense." I said looking at him. "It's also really sweet how you guys did this for Rem." I said turning my gaze to the tall boy.

"That's what best friends are for? Am I right boys." Sirius smiled.

"Dorks." I chuckled then stood. "See you guys later." I said walking out of the common room.

~

I got into the dining hall and made my way over to my girls.

"Morning." I said.

"Good morning, M" Alyssa said.

"Mmroingm." Camilla mumbled as she was chewing on a mouth full of pancakes, making Alyssa and I both laugh.

"So, Hogsmeade later today?" Camilla asked after she swallowed her food.

"Sure." Alyssa said.

"Yeah, I'm down." I smiled.

I put a few pancakes onto my cake and slathered it with butter and syrup. 

"You and your butter." Marlene said whi was sitting a person away from us with Lily.

I chuckled. "It makes everything better."

"Your just like your brother." 

My brother and his boys are indeed the bestest set of best friends anyone could ever meet but Marlene and James have a special best friend relationship of their own, ever since they were little kids, our parents having been friends during their time at Hogwarts and working together now.

~

The three of us went back to our room to put on winter coats before making our way to Hogsmead. Our first stop, as always, was the three broomsticks.

We sat in a booth and ordered three butter beers. Alyssa and Camilla sat on one side and sat on the other.

"So, I know Christmas just past but I already told my parents that you want to come with us next break and they already said yes and can't wait." Alyssa told me.

"Perfect. It'll be the first time the three of us get to go somewhere all together!" Camilla clapped.

"It'll be a blast." I said smiling. I looked over at the door that just opened and saw Regulus and Narcissa walk in. I waved at them both.

They both smiled and waved back, Narcissa, unlike her older sister, Bellatrix, is really sweet and is the only girl in the black family that likes me. Narcissa then whispered something into Regulus's ear and he looked at me then blushed.

I let out a soft chuckle then turned back to my friends.

"What?"

"What what." I said looking at Camilla.

"Why are you smiling like that?"

Alyssa stood up and looked around the room then plopped back down. "It's cause her lover is here." She laughed.

"Oh regulus is here?" Camilla said looking around.

"Yes he is, keep it down, and 'lover'? Seriously?" I chuckled.

"Well maybe not yet but I swear to Merlin one day you two are gonna be the golden couple of the school, everyone will be talking about it and the girls will all hate you or want to be you." Alyssa said.

"If they don't already hate you or want to be you." Camilla added while laughing.

"Ha. Ha." I said then smiled.

"No really though, girls get jealous so easily, especially if you."

"I don't get why though." I said.

"Seriously?" Alyssa asked.

"Maybe because; one, you're hot, two, all the boys fancy you, three, you slept with a lot of said boys, four, your brother is hot, five, your close with Sirius and all the girls pine over him, six-"

I cut Camilla off. "Wait back track, number four. Did you just call my brother hot?"

"I mean she's not lying there. He really is. It's in the genes." Alyssa said.

"Exactly. Now, six-"

I cut Camilla off, "no" I chuckled. "No more. I get it. And gross. Please don't call him hot in front of me ever again, I might vomit."

I then turned my gaze to the table on the other side of the room where Regulus was at with his cousin. When his eyes met mine I smiled then turned away after a couple of seconds of holding that eye contact.

"You like him. Admit it already." Alyssa said taking a sip of her butter beer.

"Maybe I do. Maybe I don't. Doesn't matter. We wouldn't work out anyways." I said taking a sip.

"Why not?" Camilla asked.

"It's just common sense." I said placing my cup down.

"What? Common- ugh never mind, you're impossible." Cam said.

"You're a bloody idiot Madeline Potter. I think you two would be perfect and good for each other. You could be the greatest love story our world has ever known." Alyssa added.

"Or the most tragic one." I said.