T H I R T Y F O U R

A/n holy shit I just got a dope ass idea for year 7. I'm patiently waiting to get past year 6 omg I'm so excited you guys are in for a ride.

Super short one today sorry guys

Madeline thought a lot about what she would say when she got back home. And decided to just say nothing. But that didn't go to plan.

She opened the door and everyone went silent. She'd assume they were arguing over what had just happened.

"How is he?" James asked.

"Fine." Madeline said as she walked to the table to grab her glass of water before heading upstairs.

"I'm sorry, M." Fleamont looked at her.

"Don't." She glared at him, walking back to the kitchen to fill her glass.

"M, I-"

"Seriously just stop. Don't apologize because we all know you don't mean it. What the hell was that, hm? Why?" She headed towards the stairs.

"Honey I get why your upset, but your father just wants what's best for you." Euphemia tried to calm everyone down. James and Sirius were sitting awkwardly at the table.

"Oh, so your on his side? You guys just know what's good for me and what's not? No, no, you don't get to decided that for me." She walked back to the table, standing behind James and Sirius's chairs.

"Maybe not. But I do know that I won't let my daughter be associated with death eaters!"

"He's not a death eater!"

"Yet."

"We don't knoow if he will or not." James defended the boy.

"Exactly  what I've been saying! And seriously? Saying you'd rather have me date Sirius right in front of him? They are brothers how do think that makes them feel? I. Do. Not. Like. Sirius. Okay? Get that nailed into your head. It's been regulus. It will always be Regulus. So I don't wanna hear anymore of this. Pretty soon your own kid is gonna run away." She turned around and walked to the stairs.

Sirius pressed his lips together. He was both uncomfortable and sad, realizing he never had a chance with her. The one girl he developed feelings for. The girl who was in love with his brother. Not him.

"Thanks a lot for ruining tonight, if his parents weren't also so judgmental I'd go stay there. There's something you parents have in common." She got to the top of the steps, turned the corner and slammed her door shut.

~

"Go away." Madeline yelled at whoever just knocked on the door. Assuming it was her dad, although they would be in bed by now.

Sirius didn't listen. And so, instead, with the snap of his fingers he apperated into her bedroom.

"Merlin! Don't do that." She threw a pillow at him.

"Sorry." He chuckled and threw the pillow back onto her bed.

"What do you want?" She sat up.

He walked over to the window and opened it. "Roof talk?"

She looked between him and the window. "Fine." She stood up and grabbed a blanket.

The two climbed out through the window. Placed the blanket down and laid there. Staring up at the stars above them.

"That was a shit show." Madeline chuckled.

"Yeah. I was expecting some type of over protective father speech but nothing remotely close to that."

"It just pisses me off so much. Like right in front of him. And saying he'd rather have me date you, like, you and me." She laughs. "We wouldn't work. We don't even like each other that way." She rolls her head to the side to look at him.

"Yeah. Us as a couple? Never in a million years." He laughed to hide the fact that he actually did like her like that.

"I just felt like I made it a bigger deal. Like I could've handled that better." She said referring to her shouting at her father earlier that evening.

"Hey, you're allowed to make a big deal about things that are important to you." He rolled his head to meet her eyes. "Reg is lucky to have someone like you who stands up for him when he's not around."

"You always have the right thing to say. You really are one with words." She nudged his arms.

"Yeah. I know." He smirked.

"So help me with this. What do I do when my parents hate my boyfriend, and my boyfriends parents hate me even though they don't know me because I'm apart of the family that took in his brother. You, one of my best friends."

He looked up at the sky. "Okay maybe I'm not so good with words. Hang on let me think."

"Take your time. We've got a lot of it." She looked up at the stars.

"Okay. Hear me out." He put his hands up "you two run away. It's as simple as that." He clapped his hands together.

(✨run away✨ k sorry bye)

"Wow. Great plan. Excellent. Mhm totally something I can do." She shook her head. "It's okay though, this is my problem not yours."

"Yeah sorry I really am no help there."

"So. Camping next week. Lily picked the spot, said it's at a beach. You excited?"

"Very. I haven't seen everyone in so long."

"It hasn't even been that long." She laughed.

"You don't understand." He over dramatically sighed.

"Hopefully it won't be too awkward with Reg there."

"We'll find out. What will be awkward is Cam and Remus's break up. He said they're still friends though."

Madeline looked at the tall boy next to her. "Back track. They broke up? And no one told me? She didn't tell me?"

"Oh. Uhh. Yeah. Like a couple days into summer. He just wasn't feeling it."

"Did his feelings for her just, disappear over night or something? Poor kid."

"Well I think it was mutual. I don't know. He didn't explain it in the note very well."

"Well maybe bringing Regulus won't be the weirdest thing then. That's good." She chuckled.

"Marlene should invite Cissy."

"Oh my Merlin yes she should. That's be fun. Although, I think she hates me. Yeah. She definitely hates me."

He chuckled. "Why?"

"For hurting Reg. Don't think she'll forgive me for that one."

"Well. If he's happy, she's happy. Don't think she cares much anymore. But I wouldn't know I don't talk to any of them."

"I mean you do talk to Narcissa."

"Yeah well. Anyways." He stood up, and before she knew it, he turned into his animagus form.

"Y-u- ugh." She sighed as the boy who was now a dog curled up next to her side with his head resting on her stomach.

She chuckled as she placed her arm around the dogs body. "This is taking changing topics to a whole new level."

Sirius licked his paw then rested his head again.

Even though they didn't mean to, the girl and the dog fell asleep that night on the roof. And we're woken up the next morning by the bright sun and birds chirping.