F I F T Y F O U R

A/N: better then the last chapter, also sorry for the long wait! happy reading because its going down hill the very next chapter teehee. Enjoy :)

Just like that Christmas break was here. Camilla and Alyssa went on yet another family trip together while Madeline went straight home, as did Regulus. He'd be seeing her again on Christmas Eves eve, so, the 23rd.

Kings cross station, December 20th

Reg and Madeline had said their goodbyes on the train before it arrived, so dearest Walburga wouldn't throw a fit seeing her perfect pureblood son with a 'blood traitor' like M. The girls walked off the train together already with their bags since they all brought back a single trunk it fit in their compartment. After their goodbyes, Madeline tiptoed to try and spot one of the other Potters.

She saw the back of a tall woman that looked like her mother, she waited until that woman turned around so she could see her face, and of course, it was her. Madeline stood normally again and chuckled with a big smile on her face as she made her way through the crown to her mother.

"There she is!" Euphemia said as she opened her arms up and pulled her daughter into a hug. "I missed you so much, we all did." She kissed the top of her head.

"I missed you too mom." She laughed as she pulled out from the hug that would have lasted an hour if she didn't stop it. "Where are the boys?" She looked around.

"Well dad is at home actually cooking your favorite meal, and James and Sirius moved out."

"I'm sorry they what?" She raised her eyebrows.

"They moved out, love. They were out of school and wanted to start their lives outside of their parent's house, they still visit at least twice a week."

"They- alrighty then. Where are they living?"

"They got an apartment not too far from our old house, with Remus. Pete is there all the time but he needs at least some privacy. I don't blame him." She said while walking.

"Neither do I." She let out a small laugh. "And when can I see them? and is it really even safe to live alone in a city, with all of this happening?"

"They'll be over all of break, and they've charmed the house, just like ours is."

"Yeah but they can be easily spotted, easily followed, easily-"

"Madeline I assure you they will be fine, we wouldn't have let them if it wasn't safe and we didn't trust them to be careful."

"But it isn't safe..." She mumbled.

"What do you mean? Actually, save it for later tonight we've got to apparate back home before we leave these walls." She smiled down at her daughter.

"Okay..." She grabbed her mother's hand and she apparated the two back home.

~

The two walked into their house still holding hands. Madeline placed her trunk down and wandered into the kitchen where she heard her dad. She let go of her mother's hand.

"Is that who I think it is." He said as he brushed his hands off and turned around.

"Hi, dad." She laughed as she walked towards him.

"Hi, my love." He opened his arms with a warm smile. "How had the year been so far?"

"Amazing actually." She hugged him.

"Oh good, I'm glad." He wrapped his arms around her.

They stayed there for a couple of moments just hugging each other in silence till she heard the front door open with an obnoxiously loud boy walking through. She let go of her dad and turned around and waited to see him through the doorframe.