Chapter 33 - Angry Old Man

Please don't leave me...

I don't want to be left alone again...

Kanaeeee!!!

...

(Y/N) spontaneously open his eyes. He is drenched in his cold sweat.

'What... is that a dream...?'

He is wearing a hospital gown with the shirt's unbuttoned. He takes a look inside his shirt and can see a perfectly wrapped bandage around his chest.

'They must have rewrapped the bandages...'

He tried to move his left hand but something is holding it. He looks at his hand and saw Kanae holding his hand while laying her head down on the bed. He smiled under his mask and use his right hand to play with her long hair.

She squirmed before lifting her head. (Y/N) can see dried tears on her face.

"(Y-(Y/N)?" She said in a low voice.

"Yes?"

She stands up and hugs the boy.

"I-I thought you died... You didn't wake up for a week..."

"There, there, I'm not dead yet." She silently cried. He comforts her.

Timeskippu

(Y/N) Pov

"Hoo? You know my birthday?"

"Hai, you told me back at that wisteria house," Kanae said.

"Hmm... I didn't remember telling you that but ok." You said while eating on your bed.

"Here you should eat more," Kanae said offering more food.

"N-No, I don't eat much..."

"Mouuu, you should eat it, get your energy back up!" Kanae said.

"No-" Before you can reject, she shoves the spoon into your mouth.

'Haih, just like old time...' She pulled the spoon out and you chew the food.

"Okay fine, I'll eat it. Only if you feed me though." You said.

"Sure~" She started feeding you.

Kingu Crimson

Kanae walks out of the medical room while holding the tray that you eat on. You leaned back to your pillow.

'I'm having such weird dreams... It was as if it was real... Like I'm basically there...' You scratch your head in frustration. You look to the side and saw a present box on a dresser near the bed. You sat up and look at the box. There's a letter on it. You take the letter and read the contents.

To (Y/N) 🦋

This is the present that we had made all weekend just for you. As we know, your old apparel has been destroyed and can't be retrieved so we decided to sew something to your liking. We hope you like our gift to you, for Christmas and your birthday.

From, Kanae

You fold back the letter and put it to the side. You pick up the box and slowly unwrapped the wrapper. You open the lid to the box. And you can see something in it. You take a closer look.

"A scarf!" You exclaimed. The scarf is purple-colored filled with butterfly patterns and there's your name on it. Your eyes shine in happiness.