Chapter 51 - Responsibility

"To~"

"Mi~"

"O~"

"Ka~"

"San!"

A black raven-haired man looks at the little girl as they are walking beside each other.

"..."

"You're no fun, Tomioka-San. Say something." The girl told the man.

"...No." He responded.

"Ah! You said something, good! Fufu~"

My name is Shinobu Kochou, I'm 15 years old. A few moments ago, I was appointed as a new Hashira replacing my sister, Insect Hashira.

During that meeting, I've met to know this really weird guy. He doesn't talk, depressed-looking face, and always has this gloomy aura around him. This guy is dead inside... not that far off from me. His name is Giyu Tomioka and I like to tease him.

"Ne, Tomioka-San, do you have any friends?"

"..."

"Think so, who would have any friends with that kind of communication!" I said.

"...I do-"

"Also, I always saw you with nobody around you, are you alone as well?"

Tomioka's expression turns annoyed.

"...No"

"Hooo, then with who?"

He smirked.

"You."

I stopped in my track, flustered.

That guy... I clenched my hand.

"That's a bit rude, isn't it Tomioka-San?" I asked beside him. He turned at me unamused.

"How is that rude..." And confused he became.

"It's rude to make a girl flustered!"

"... Why?"

"Because it will make the girl uncomfortable and awkward around you, now I know the reason why you're all alone." I look the other way.

"Then... did I make you flustered just now...?"

"H-Huh? Of course! What kind of question is that?"

"Good."

I tilted my head.

"Because you make me uncomfortable as well." He walks faster after letting that out.

"Oh... Tomioka-San... If that's how you want to play it..." I clenched my fist.

---

"We've arrived, Tomioka-San, would you like to come in and have some dinner first?" I asked humbly.

"No." He rejected my proposal.

"Why?"

"My appetite is long gone after talking to you." He left.

Veins appear on my forehead as my anger level rises a little after hearing that.

"That fiend... I'll make your life worse from now, just wait." I pout and enter the estate.

Aoi walks by in front of me holding a basket full of laundry.

"Oh, Kocho-Sama, Welcome back."

I put on my smile.

"Yes, I am home." I take off my footwear and neatly placed it on the ground.

"Ah, Kocho-Sama, could you help me with dinner today? The girls really want to taste your cooking." Aoi asked me.