Chapter 29 - Oyakata

Nobody Pov

"STAY RIGHT THERE!" Polices were surrounding (Y/N), some are holding a gun, some are holding a saber and a baton.

(Y/N) observed them in silence.

"DON'T MOVE UNTIL WE SAID SO." They shouted at (Y/N).

(Y/N) eyes blackened before he stands up making the polices around alarmed. (Y/N) raises his hand slowly.

"DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID WE HAVE GUNS!"

Police were careful if (Y/N) about to pull a weapon but instead, he put his hands up, surrendering to the polices.

They were dumbfounded by this nonetheless they approached him and cuff him. One tried to knock him out by smacking (Y/N)'s head but ended up hurting himself because of constant abuse by Akira's punch, (Y/N)'s head is basically as hard as a rock. They did a full body check on him and found a lot of weapons. They confiscate it and they escorted him.

(Y/N) stopped.

"What about the bodies?" (Y/N) asked.

"STAY SILENCE" They push him and said to keep walking.

Timeskippu

(Y/N) sat in silence in a jail cell. (Y/N) has been charged with murder for the killing of two. And he has been sentenced to death. But what did (Y/N) do? Yeah, he did nothing.

He thought that he is a murderer and deserves this. He feels ashamed of letting another person dies in his hands again.

Suddenly, his enhanced hearing heard doors opening and closing. He heard multiple footsteps coming towards his jail cell.

And (Y/N) saw a very handsome man with black shoulder-length hair and has light skin. He has a gentle smile on his face. Near him, there are two guards. One of the guards approaches (Y/N) cell door and opens it.

"You. Come out. You're free." The guard said.

He is confused by this. Isn't he were to be executed tomorrow?

The handsome man saw this and told the guards to let him and (Y/N) talk in private. The guards just nodded and went away. The handsome man walks into the cell and stands in front of (Y/N) who is sitting at the corner.

"(Y/N) (L/N), how are you feeling?" The man asked with such a soothing voice and (Y/N) felt calm.

"Bad." He responded. The man crouched.

"Well, that is expected to what just happen to you." He said.

"Uhh..."

"Ah, where are my manners. My name is Kagaya Ubuyashiki. I am the 97th leader of the Demon Slayer Corps. I came here to get you out." He held out his hand.

(Y/N) stare at it.

"No handshake?" Asked Kagaya. (Y/N) slowly reach his hand to Kagaya's hand and shake it.

"Why are you trying to get me out Ubuyashiki-San? Helping a piece of trash like me."

"You are not what you said, (Y/N)... You're more than that. That girl's death is not your fault."

(Y/N) jumped and push Kagaya on the ground while clenching his collar tightly.

"NOT MY FAULT?! I LET HER DIE! IF I KILLED THAT BITCH BEFORE THEN SHE WOULD HAVE LIVED. I LET ANOTHER LIFE DISAPPEARED ON MY HAND AGAIN!" (Y/N) grit his teeth.

Even though Kagaya is being pinned down, he still has a calm look on his face.

"Death is inevitable, (Y/N). We lived we die, that's the cycle of life and I'm here, to tell you that everything is going to be fine and that you're not at fault here. You're still young and you just need guidance." Kagaya said with his soothing voice.