Chapter 39 - Cooking Mastery

Nobody Pov

"Shinobu, how should I do it? Should I do it to the left or the right? Kyaah, she is just too cute~" Kanae said covering her face after she had put the hairpin on Kanao debating to make her ponytail to the right or the left.

"Nee-San, Just do it how you want it to..." Shinobu replied.

"But it's too haaard," Kanae whined. Shinobu facepalmed letting out a sigh.

"Just do it to the right," Shinobu suggested.

"Ho, good idea! Hm Hm Hmm~" She hummed while fixing up Kanao's hair. Shinobu groaned seeing her sister's behavior before going out of the room.

Timeskip

"Nee-San, the crow gave us a mission," Shinobu said coming back into the room.

"But who will take care of Kanao?" Kanae asked.

"Well... (Y/N) is out somewhere and Aoi-Chan is also on an errand and she will probably not come back soon... I guess we have to leave her alone?" Shinobu said.

"But Kanao cannot take care of herself alone, that's just too dangerous," Kanae replied.

"We have no choice, Nee-San... And (Y/N) will probably not be long until he comes back home."

"I guess..." Kanae replied.

Shinobu approached the two and crouched. She wrapped her arm around Kanao hugging her.

"Kanao, can you stay home for a while? we are going on a mission and we promise we will come back home as soon as possible." Shinobu told the young child. Kanae smiled before also wrapping her arm around Kanao.

"That's right, Kanao. Can you behave while we're gone?" Kanae said to her.

Kanao nodded. Both of the girls beamed in happiness seeing her nodding her head.

"We have to go now, Nee-San."

"Hai~"

They both stood up, walking over to the engawa ready to head out before Kanao ran up to them. They turned around and look at her.

"Pl-Please come back home soon..." She muttered. Bubbles appeared around the two girl's heads.

Kanae and Shinobu: 'K-Kawaii...'

They both cuddle with Kanao again.

"We promise, Kanao, we will come back quickly," Kanae said. Shinobu nodded.

A few minutes later

"Then we're off," Shinobu announced. In only a few seconds they're already gone.

Kanao approached the engawa before sitting on the edge, she looks at the trees and flowers in front of her with a blank face. A blue butterfly with a hint of purple on its wings flew around her head before it perched on her nose. She stared at it blankly. After a few seconds, the butterfly flies off, flapping its wings.

Suddenly she heard footsteps. She turned to the sound and saw (Y/N) walking towards her.

"Kanao, what are you doing out here?" He said before sitting beside her. She stayed silent.

"Oh, I forgot. You don't really like to talk."

Kanao pulls out a coin from her pockets. (Y/N) watch her closely intrigued. She flips the coin as it landed on her hand covering it. She slowly revealed it, it landed on heads. She looks at (Y/N) and smiled a little.

"Kanae... Sama, Shinobu-Sama... Is not... home... Kanao is... Alone." She muttered.

(Y/N) instantly beamed in happiness.